or Connect

Posts by KateSt.

My dh and I want to keep things as simple as possible and only want to get the necessities. Can experienced mamas lend me their input? Here's a list of things I have in mind, but I do tend to underestimate EVERYTHING! Anything you'd add or take away? Native Carrier Newborn Sling Baby Bjourn Carrier (for dh) Moses basket/stand Diaper Bag Boppy Breastfeeding pillow Diapers/diaper pail Carseat Breast Pump/bottles Receiving blankets (how many?) Onsies (how...
Monica -- my verdict is in. I just received my Gap Maternity Jeans and I love them! They're the Long and Lean kind -- I ordered Regular and they're long, so they'd probably be perfect for you. And they're sexy and cute! So they'd nullify your granny panties. Shannon -- I'm so sorry you continually have to go through this! I hope you're doing better this a.m. Lesley -- thanks for sharing your experience with me, it really means a lot. I can see myself reacting in...
Monica -- yes, I'm missing some spots shaving which never used to be a problem. Oh well, what can you do? And yes, I've noticed my linea negra -- actually dh noticed it first a couple of weeks ago. I'm actually thrilled to see it -- feels like a right of passage to me! (BTW, I saw your maternity clothes rant thread -- and I couldn't agree more! I love pea in the pod but I'm NOT paying those prices! I ordered some size 4 Gap Maternity Jeans and I should be receiving them...
What a great belly, Hevea!! And such cute clothes -- where d'ya get them? I must know! (You're motivating me to post my pics...)
Hi ladies! I'm about to go for a walk, but wanted to pipe in with the other aching backs. I've found the best thing for me is some yoga -- especially cat/cow stretch and spinal twisting (I think some twisting is contraindicated for pregnancy, but I figure if it feels good, it can't hurt). I've only been doing it about 3 times a week, but now that my back is starting to bother me more frequently I think I"ll try for four. Congrats, Lesley on your perfect GPA! It is the...
threeforme -- I had a very scary dream 5 weeks ago where I gave birth to a baby girl too early and she died. I woke up dh and started crying because it was so vivid and I could feel my overwhelming grief. It was really awful and I was fearful all the next day. I've read, though, that scary dreams are our way of working out our anxieties during pregnancy and actually can be healthy -- though they sure S*CK at the time!
OMG, Jessica -- what a nightmare! I don't have any answers for you, but I, too, plan to refuse the GD test. In my opinion, if I'm eating well, exercising, and not gaining TOO much weight, what's the point? I think you're right to trust your instincts (esp. based on your first pregnancy experience). I'm just sorry you have to go through this...
Emily, Remember a quiet baby is a content baby -- that's what I tell myself when I don't feel the baby move for awhile. It's hard, though, I know. Can't wait for you to hear the Monica -- I left crying from my ob/gyn appt my first pregnancy and that's what made me look into homebirth and hiring a m/w. We do have to pay out of pocket (it's about $3600) but to me, it's worth it to get out of the medical model. I bet the more research you do (and if you find a homebirth...
Shannon and Monica -- shame on you! You both almost sent me running for fast food for lunch (dh was all ready to go!). It's only the fact that I just went grocery shopping that held me back! :LOL Okay, I know we all know by now that pregnant women should eat chocolate because it makes their babies happier -- but a study was just done that showed mommas who ate chocolate EVERY DAY had healthier, happier babies -- even if the mommas were stressed out during the...
Hi Jomctl -- You know, I wouldn't worry too much about eating the "proper" amount. I think pregnant women should eat as their appetites dictate -- saying we need 300 extra calories a day is too generalized. I believe some women need less, some need more. Just like I believe you can't generalize weight gain to 25-35 pounds. I'm sure you're doing great! Thanks for dropping in. Anna -- I hope you start to feel better soon. I was dizzy, headachy, and irritable until about...