or Connect

Posts by BrooklynActor

Where do I begin!? Everyone one said it's would happen instantly, I it just happens when you see you child for the first time. That you truly do deeply and unconditionally fall in LOVE like that! honestly I didn't believe them. I down played it and told myself I hope so. I didn't want to feel like there was something wrong with me if I didn't feel what everyone one else said I would. But MY GOD, the overflow of emotions was unbelievable! The moment I set eyes on my son, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by AbbieB First, I'd like to say . I'm appalled by this. Second, I'd like to say . I can't believe people on MDC are defending the boss/company on this. I got the impression that the OP is going to be a Dad. I'm not sure what kind of protections there are for him on this issue. I think that the company could come up with any piddly reason to fire him and would do so with no fear of sexual discrimination being thrown back...
(Cross-Posted in Dad's) So I found out today that my boss in a meeting stated that he wasn't sure of my "commitment" to being able to work for the company because I'm having a baby! Yes because I'm having a baby he's questioning, behind my back, how much of a "distraction" my child will be!!! What is wrong with people!? one would think perhaps the opposite, that with the MASSIVE responsibility of having a child that one would be even more worried about MAINTAINING...
So I found out today that my boss in a meeting stated that he wasn't sure of my commitment to being able to work for the company because I'm having a baby! Yes because I'm having a baby he's questioning, behind my back, how much of a distraction my child will be!!! What is wrong with people!? one would think perhaps the opposite that with the MASSIVE responsibility of having a child that one would be even more worried about MAINTAINING his/her job to provide for his/her...
Hello All, So my DP and I are at 41 weeks. For months we have been prepping ourselves Mentally, Physically, emotionally, Nesting, getting everything ready or at least to make us feel more prepared. For Months I would answer my DP question of "how yah feeling?" and "can I tell baby to come?" with "I'm not ready!" and "whoa whoa whoa". BUT in the past I'd say 2 weeks there has been a shift. perhaps it's the build up of this remarkable life changing experience that is...
[QUOTE=mojobot2000;13282566]I wish you could talk to my husband. Well don't get me wrong I certainly don't have it all figured out. in fact I freak out several times a day. It's normally a flash of freak out :-) yeah crazy how quickly life can hit you and rapidly move when you become pregnant. I think I would love however to talk with your husband. I'm sure we can relate to much!!! We'd been dating for only 8 months and not living together when we found out I was...
Hello all, Well it's been 5 months since my last post. lot has happened since. My DP and I moved in together into a beautiful apt in Park Slope, Brooklyn. It became terribly important to live in an area that in ubber family friendly. We wanted to be near Prospect Park we are. We found a dream apartment which we jumped at after searching for 6 months. So we've been living here since Oct and it's been wonderful. It's be a whirlwind of a year. Finding out we're pregnant,...
Hi All, My DP and I are expecting in March and my DP has 3 cats that shed a lot!!! Is this an issue with a new born??? Allergies? Breathing? Negative reaction? Hair in the air? I know all about the cat litter issue which I have been placed in charge of. But is there any serious concern about having animal and a new born specifically 3 Cats that shed a lot!!!?????? Anyone? Jon
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiera09 If your baby ends up being a light sleeper - you can always get a white noise machine to use during naps and bedtime. Great suggestion! Just looked up white noise machines! Sounds Great! Had never heard of it! Very cool! THANKS!!!
Hey All, So I know this sounds crazy but I wanted advice for what's to come and if I'm crazy for my original thinking. So my DP and I are moving in together. We are expected a baby in March 2009! We live in NYC which for those of you who don't know is REALLY expensive to live in! Apartments are just out of this world! $1800 and you get a hole in the wall! Seriously! So today we found a massive beautiful loft like studio. I mean it's big, bigger than any of the 1 bedroom...