or Connect

Posts by verycozy

My house is filthy. I'm not even embarrassed about it anymore. When I have a free moment I'm definitely not going to waste it cleaning. I do keep on top of laundry but that's only because I enjoy it.
Hi neighbor! I live in Jacksonville. I don't know any other local AP families who have twins so I'm kind of thrilled to find a north Floridian on this board. I don't have any advice; I just wanted to say hi.
I'd wager that you get a lot more energy in a few weeks. This is probably a gross generalization, but I think twin pregnancies progress like most singleton pregnancies: first trimester you feel sick and tired, second trimester you feel pretty great, third trimester you feel heavy and uncomfortable and maybe tired. The big difference is that with a twin pregnancy you're already pretty huge by the middle of the second trimester; by about 23 weeks I was enormous and...
Remember: you are making two placentas and nourishing two little people. Even when you're just lying down and complaining about how cruddy you feel , your body is working harder than it's ever worked before. I'm convinced that the reason we sometimes feel so horrible during the first trimester of a twin pregnancy is to force us to accept help and set up a support network that we can rely on later in the pregnancy when things could get rough, and after the babies...
La Leche League has a book called Mothering Multiples, which is a good resource for breastfeeding twins. The website naturallyparentingtwins.com is also a great resource. There's a yahoo group called AP multiples or something like that. On facebook there's a page/group/whatever called Babywearing Twins (as a bonus, the twins have two mamas). Totally not my business, but have you considered inducing lactation in yourself, like how adoptive mothers sometimes do? The...
I took two trips while pregnant; one at 19 weeks (right before I found out I was having twins) and again at about 23 weeks. The trip at 19 weeks was no big deal, but the trip at 23 weeks really took a lot out of me. By that point that my back and hips were already killing me and I was having lots of BH contractions; also I was exhausted. If you decide to go, make sure you carry with you a letter from your OB clearing you to travel and stating your due date. By 23...
Is there any chance you could go to tennessee to birth at The Farm (Ina May Gaskin's place)? If I had to do it again, that's what I would do. I had a homebirth with DS1 and was planning a homebirth for my second pregnancy, but then I found out I was having twins and risked out of a homebirth. I wound up having a c-section for dubious reasons (Baby A was head down but Baby B was breech and since B was measuring bigger than A they wouldn't do a vaginal birth). It all...
No advice, just sympathy and the following fact: it will be over in a few days. Good luck, and keep hydrated!
About the palpitations/heart racing/etc: Thyroid hormones can go a bit crazy with a twin pregnancy, especially if you're having severe morning sickness (meaning your pregnancy hormones are elevated); it shows up on blood work looking like low TSH (hyperthyroidism). This happened to me and I was having palpitations and all that. I went to an endocrinologist and he said it was totally consistent with twin pregnancy. Chatting with the OB wouldn't hurt.
This is just a shot in the dark, but is it possible that they're overtired? What you're describing (nursing happily to sleep, then waking up upset when put in the crib/bed, repeat, repeat, repeat) is exactly what my kids do when they're overtired. Around this age a bedtime routine (bath-book-boob) kind of helped with my oldest but it took a few weeks for it to sink into his head . I don't know how that works with twins. If they're happy during the day, then it...