or Connect

Posts by polka123

yea !!thank. I agree the musical toys are not bad at all & at least they are creating something... that's why I'm slowly phasing out the elctronic toys... DH is an noise addict , he has to press every toy he walks by & make it make noise.. UGh..
I've been in a similar situations since living in a old-school, union, prejudiced RED state. OMG - people are horrible here. There this older guy (approx 65), nice looking, nicely built except he's got waist long silver-grey dreads. I've seen him all over. He attends church regularly so I hear. We see him & think, "Cool, finally someone hip" around stagnant- west central PA People snicker, point & shake their heads in their time-warp heads. A few people say, "He...
Here you go, The drums ! "I just love these drums" http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=P1000580.flv http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=P1000581.flv
We totally dig him & his reasoning. ITA that 97% of many dogs' issues ARE human created. As much as my dogs/cats are equals in our family in almost area, their brains do think/train differently than humans. Everyone get equal respect in our home. no one is banished to the backyard/outside if they are "bad". We do not have inside & outside human kids. Cesar approached many issues as they should - with the responsibility of the OWNERS !! we live in a throw away society &...
OMG - I'm in western PA... after living in normal speak AZ 3/4 of my life, I move back to PA (from where I'm from orig but not been here in 35 yrs) & my brain, ears & eyes BLEED everytime I read, watch or hear anything local OMG... even all my older relatives stayed away from the "yunz" (PA for you all ), "dems, dos & deez" & most are immigrants or 1st gen americans from E. Europe. Nothing makes sense to me. I keep asking DH if any of this was corrected in school...
Quote: Originally Posted by Periwinkle Yep... and hence, much MUCH less of a risk to my kids than their beloved neighbors, coaches, teachers, priests, uncles, and cousins. Strangers aren't the problem. As such, I think having attitudes (not saying you Dragonfly, but I've definitely seen it here in this thread) like "OMG NO WAY! Strangers = scaaaaary!" is naive and unnecessarily alienating at best, and downright dangerous at worst. Talk about a...
I voted I can understand but would not be as close. morally, it's OK but I guess I function fine on RX painkillers b/c I don't take too many nor do I drink booze with them. I'm so happy to be painfree for a short time ! Why wouldn't she ask her Dr to change her pills if the others make her feel weird? Here's the deal, unless she has a Rx for medical weed, it's still against the law in every state even if it's a lower penalty for personal use & just get a fine as many...
1 of my friend's kids was trying to get a dorm room @ a college in IL. she couldn't get 1 unless she got a meningitis vax - no exemps at all... so... there you go
Handwritten - BEST phone call - better email - cool with me & better than zero at all !! i'm guilty of losts of email just b/c it's less time comsuming. I feel with the hectic life we have, it's impossible somedays for me to be on the phone more that 10 min, writing anything can be crazy b/c as soon as DS see you writing anything, he snatches the pen from you... ARG... so sometimes I explain that I really wanted to do written thank you but time was short &...
there are quite a few Univ's that will not allow you in a dorm w/out the meningitis vax -no waiver, some schools that have had "outbreaks" of 5 kids are demanding students be vax'd. some schools let you waiver out, some don't require any.. depends where you are.