or Connect

Posts by trayls

While I agree with the previous posters, I want to add a word of caution. These are items that can be allergenic and I encourage you to use a good amount of "awareness" when introducing them. The fact is, these foods either more commonly cause a reaction and/or if there is a reaction, it can be severe. We have no family allergies. I gave my DS scrambled eggs at 7 months (?) and he did indeed have a reaction to them. He didn't swallow them (he didn't swallow...
My DS will be 9 months this Friday (wow! that was fast). I've been pretty casual about the solids until this week. This week I'm instituting a 3 meals a day effort. My thinking is that by 1 year old, BM exclusively may fail to meet his nutritional needs. So basically, this gives ME three months to get it together and learn to provide him nutritious meals as required and it gives HIM 3 months to get better at eating without any sort of stress or urgency. In essence, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by tanyam926 He only wants my cell phone, the remote controls, dvds, my laptop, and electrical cords. My DS is the same way - he LOVES those things! And the shoelaces on my husbands shoes. The electrical cord thing is intense, as if there is some primal need to get at them.
I logged in just now with this same problem. Actually, my little guy is standing and then crying because he's stuck with the occasional cruising. I just read about those sit-to-stand activity walkers. I've never seen or heard of them, does anyone have any experience with them? The article I read said they are very stable and so a good option. I'd love to have ONE thing that I can pull out for entertainment or change of pace as he is entirely bored with his...
Quote: Originally Posted by foxtrot Because no one (and perhaps I'm the only woman in the world who feels this way so that is why) ever says they regret having a second I always feel I should at least say that the possibility is there. Thank you so much for your honesty! Of course you are not the only one who feels that way; Clearly the possibility is there or so many of us wouldn't so seriously struggle with the question. Is anything ever...
A couple of months back, my DS made this sound where he breathes in and it sounds like this horrendous wheezing kind of thing. But he's completely fine. If it were something other than "If I breathe in like this, I make this cool sound", you would expect something serious was going on. He did if for a couple of months but has now stopped. However, now if he breathes air into his little sinus' just the right way.....
I have the same battle at this point. I have resorted to sleeping upside (head at the foot of the bed) in an effort to get a little space to myself. Last night, I almost kicked DH out of bed thinking the extra space might help. But who am I kidding, we could be in a king size bed and DS would still be right there. So sleepy.........
The whole solid foods thing is proving much more perplexing than I was expecting What DS has eaten and what he's played with are definitely two different things. He has tried avocado, sweet potato (several different kind), pear, carrot, banana and peas. None are huge hits, maybe the pear is a favorite if I had to guess. He makes faces like they are all completely disgusting and has done a good amount of gagging. All have been offered as soft chunks. I try to do...
First let me say, I am trying to get a handle on all of this myself. But the first thing I thought as a possible issue with solids at one year is iron. I have read different viewpoints, but perhaps it was suggested you step up the solids because breastmilk is not thought to provide sufficient iron and/or other nutrients for this stage of development?
I think my DS has the same thing you are describing. Bumps over his cheeks and chin, rash-like but not red or acne-like I guess. Its been like that for probably two weeks. I thought it might be irritation from the new Ergo, but eliminated that. I'm actually now wondering if its due to the changing season here. Our weather is changing and if he has my skin, that can be problematic. His skin does seem dry. Yet another mystery....