or Connect

Posts by lisa_nc

Love isla, I am truly sorry for your pain. I grieve my son as well and I don't wish to minimize what happened to you. Regardless, anyone's personal stories (including mine) are not objective data, and thus the term anecdotal evidence can be applied. She's not talking about a homebirth VBAC. She's talking about a birth center VBAC with CNMs. I think it's vital to let people know that it's terrible to be a part of the 1% that things don't end well for. There are people...
It's kind of interesting that so many people registered for MDC just to come and tell horror stories. OP, there are SO many factors to consider. I've had two unmediated hospital births, then a cesarean for breech vertex surrogate twins. I carried another set of surrogate twins and I planned a hospital VBAC with them but mother nature had other ideas and I ended up having baby A in my car on the way to the hospital (no traffic, it was late at night--just happened that...
This isn't terribly scientific, but I am doing background research on language and birth.  If you have a few minutes, I'd really appreciate your input.  Thank you so, so much:   http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2XG9T8W
Blue Bunny, we did have our son autopsied and we STILL don't know. I wish I had just left him intact. We think ours was a placental problem. We're about 99% sure it was a partial abruption My rainbow baby was a really low tech home birth which was just what I needed but I really had to fight the urge to have all the bells and whistles. I think either way, subsequent pregnancies are a bit about surrender. For me anyway. Anyway, I felt very loved and supported by my...
Thank you all for the welcome. I've calmed down now that everything has set in and I've adopted the same attitude that I had with my rainbow which is that the baby growing inside of me deserves to be loved and cherished for who they are, not to have their presence be tied with our son. So I've recognized my fears and am taking steps in letting them go. Now I am focusing on appreciating this baby for as long as they stay with me and making that enough. Soooo now I need...
Hi all,    I'm freshly pregnant.  I've got a nine and a seven year old and we lost our son in 2008.  Our rainbow boy was born in September 2009.  We talked about having another baby MAYBE.  But I am 34 and still nursing my 18 month old.  I wasn't sure I was wanting another but feeling blessed to have gotten a positive today. I haven't really told anyone other than my husband and a close friend.  Low and behold...a PAL thread.  Fate?  :) So now I can admit it.  I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2boyzmama As a veteran myself, thank you to you and your husband. And I'm so happy that it worked out Ah thanks. You'd think I'd be used to it by now.
We were having the first holidays after G died and I so desperately wanted to conceive again before my husband deployed. It was such a strange time. This year is better, even with him still gone. I can't believe Spence is here. I'd be having a perfect Christmas if we were all together!
Yup. My first fell too. He actually got a cut when it happened though. My husband and I blame the other person. Like to this day. LOL! Take heart, mama. You're not a bad mom. Just a human one.
Totally just realized this was an old thread.