or Connect

Posts by zanelee

Well, we were going to have the root canal done. And our regular doctor called in some antibiotics for her (The first she had ever been on. She's 8 1/2) They seemed to help, but not totally, and they were upsetting her stomach, so we switched to a stronger, different antibiotic and that seemed much better. Gave her lots of good yogurt during this time. As much as she would eat. :) The pain finally started subsiding, and we called the dentist that we were referred to. His...
Quick background... my 8 year old went in to a pediatric dentist to have a broken tooth looked at. Found several cavites (wasn't surprised). We had them worked on and she did great. I and the dentist didn't get on, and actually had some words. (I do not like her trying to control what I tell or don't tell my children) Now, a little over a week ago, she comes to me complaining of pain and has some swelling below her jaw. Her rear molar, which apparently is an adult...
I have already noticed alleviation of my afternoon tiredness and the swelling in my ankles and feet is gone. Hoping that it's not just all in my head.  
Long story short, I've always felt I was hypothyroid. (LOTS of symptoms) Tests never confirmed. Finally found a doc who would give me a trial on Armour desicated thyroid. I'm on day 4 of meds now with a dosage of 30mg per day. Here are my questions. And thank you to any who respond.   I am taking it first thing in the morning at least 30 minutes before I eat/take vitamins. I have read about using it sublingually or chewing it. Would this be better than just...
I've not heard of that. Off to look! Thanks!  
Thanks for all the replies, guys! You rock!   He's been to doctors. His wife, while she was alive, made him go. They never figured it out. Put him on all sorts of meds, from pain killers to muscle relaxers to antidepressants. Nothing worked. He's had this for 15 years now, increasingly getting worse. Metal toxicity might have something to that. How do you find out? Hair testing? Or what's the best way? I don't know if they did any MRI's or anything. I'll have to...
I am so hoping that anyone might be able to offer insight here. Not about my child, but a dear friend. He is without insurance, as a lot of people are, and unable to afford to go to any more doctors. They had not helped him any before... He has neuropathy in his feet and has now spread up to his knees. He is not diabetic, his liver and kidneys work fine (according to bloodwork that was done) He is not on any other type meds except for pain meds as needed. (They don't...
Well, I'm on cd 6 now. Keeping my fingers crossed still. Trying to let go of controlling this, as obviously I have NO control. :( I may be quiet for a bit, but I'll keep checking in on you ladies!  
Oh Deborah! I'm so sorry!  
Rosie-I had an hsg, but I was under general anesthesia (Not just for that) I've heard that it can be anywhere from feeling no pain/discomfort whatsoever, to really horrible. My experience here wouldn't help you a bit, so I'll save you that. Do your best to relax (I know, I know) but the more relaxed you are, the less your body will tense, and the less pain there should be. Ask your doctor if there is something they might could give you before hand. Especially if you're...