or Connect

Posts by waluso

I currently live in the SF Peninsula and will likely be moving to SF in a few months. I haven't been able to find much about attachment parenting or natural parenting groups in SF. My husband is a SAHD and I want to make sure he has a good network when we move. Are there any out there?
I need to find a pediatrician in the Marion, Delaware, or Columbus Ohio area that will clip an anterior tongue tie in a month old infant. Thanks!
My daughter has this too, but she is now 7 weeks old and has had it since birth. We have tried massaging the tear duct, breastmilk, warm compresses and nothing has worked. Dr says not to worry about it, but now I'm worried. imakecutebabies - how difficult was the surgery?
How is your LO's poop? Any mucous, froth? With DD1, I had a major oversupply issue and overactive letdown. This would cause her to pull off while nursing and scream and gave her tons of gas because she got too much foremilk, She had green, frothy poop. I had to block feed to get it under control. When that cleared up, we realized she had food intolerances (poop turned from frothy to mucousy) and I had to cut lots of stuff out of my diet. Hopefully it's just the dairy...
  I got my beads the day before so just in time :)    
I had tons of bh contractions with both my first pregnancy and this one. They did affect my uterus so I was on meds and bed rest for some period both times. This time when I went into labor I didn't realize I was in labor until 2pm (all i was having was my usual bh contractions before then) and baby was delivered before 6pm. It was very intense with little break between contractions. So for me the bh contractions definitely prepared my uterus for labor.
Indigo Jane was born on Dec 20 at 38 weeks. She was 7lbs 6oz and 20 1/2 in long. It was an intense and fairly quick home VBAC. I unfortunately had to transfer due to retained placenta and pph, but it only took a few hours and the hospital was very respectful. Happy to be resting in my own home with my beautiful girl :)   Congrats to all the other mamas who have had their babies!
I got my beads yesterday and was so warmed by all the thoughts and descriptions! Thank you!
The OB who did my first swab did vaginal and rectal (and was quite aggressive about it) and I failed it. When my regular OB redid the test recently, she only did vaginal (and I passed). I understand protocol may be to do both, but I think the first OB was much too aggressive with it. I understand the potential for transmission as well, but I would think a light rectal swab would be enough.
I'm with you on the sleep. I'm having a hard time falling asleep, and then I have to constantly change sides which is painful. Not to mention peeing at least 3 times a night! I don't recall being so uncomfortable with my dd.