or Connect

Posts by cjr

In the food safe course I took the rule was three days for raw meat, in the fridge.
I wanted to add that you can make this super cheap by not using cheese. Simply brush the dough with some olive oil, sprinkle sparingly with parm if you would like, bake and then serve a marinara sauce as a dipping sauce. You can have a salad on the side.
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/001199.html This is the BEST pizza dough I have ever made. I have made it first thing in the morning and cooked up pizza later that evening for dinner, with great results. I have not tried it with whole flours, I honestly don't think it would work out as beautifully. I don't sweat the white flour for this meal, it is pizza after all and we put on healthy toppings. Just a note though. This pizza has a very short cooking time so if...
http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...ns-recipe.html Here's a link to the recipie. I love this site. She uses chipotle in adobe sauce, but you can skip it if you want. I was afraid it would be too hot and didn't put enough in the make a difference. Maybe a little chipotle chili powder would work if you had it, or even smoked paprika. The lentil soup recipie is also on this site. The split pea soup recipie is fantastic as well, and super cheap to make.
If she eats her snacks, then just give her snacks. Why does she have to have a main meal for lunch? It seems to be bit of a power struggle. I went through the same issues will all of my kids (well the two older ones, since the younger has only known my healthy foods), and it was really hard for the first two years. After awhile their taste buds adapt and they really don't like the taste of packaged foods loaded in sugar and salt. You really have to be strong in your...
I do kneed in a mixer, but the dough is not dry. It's on the wet side. I always have to add alittle flour to it to keep it from sticking the mixing bowl. I did make sure the air was out. I squished it down and pushed it into a rectagle, flipped it over and pushed some more, then rolled it tight. These loaves are not getting the hole in the center, but as the dough rises it tears. So I get these huge "rips" along the side and the tops. I slash the dough 5 min before...
I use all three. The blender for smoothie and margarita's, the hand blender for soups, and the food processor for lots of other things. I didn't touch my food processor for the first five years of our marriage. That's when I started cooking from scratch and making whatever I could at home. It broke before we moved and the first thing I did in our new home was buy a new food processor. I use to make organic brown sugar (it's the only thing that makes good brown sugar),...
Nope still tearing, though not as bad. It doesn't tear on the first rise, only when it's in the pan. Oh, well. It tastes amazing so I guess we will have to live with ugly bread.:
I think I figured it out on my own. I reduced the yeast in my recipie with my second batch of bread. It seems to have done the trick. Perhaps there was too much yeast causing it to rise too quickly in the pan? The rising is taking a lot longer, but the bread is still nice and smooth.
I'm making pasta putanesca for dinner tonight. Spaghetti, tomatoes, olives, capers. And I made my own ciabatta type of bread that was so super easy. Last night we had carrot, corriander and coconut soup with a slice of home made multigrain bread. I made a baked bean dish using a homemade tomato sauce (crushed tomatoes, oregano and garlic). Used dried lima beans because they cook up nice and easy for me. Mixed it all in with a bit of parm cheese and a bit of mozza...