or Connect

Posts by SweetP

Oh, dur, just saw this part. Here goes: A - Age: 32 B - Best Quality: loving C - Choice Of Meat: Depends upon my mood. D - Dream Date: dinner, sunset, walks, maybe movie, good wine, afterdinner drinks (cab), quiet. E - Evening Pastime: get home from work, take care of girls, load of laundry, bed. F - Favorite Food: this insanely expensive chocolate bar from the Cheese Shop. OH, you mean that I actually get to eat and not just salivate over? OK, almost...
Erm, Hi. Thought I'd poke around for this thread, knew I'd seen it a while back . . . Just pmed a couple of folks and didn't want to scare the hell out of them (Hi! I'm a lurker and I live in your town . . . made me feel icky and peeping Tom-ish, so thought I'd better delurk!) SO, anyhoo, I tend to be a sporadic reader and occasional poster, mainly because I'm online at work and have to balance getting my work-work done and fitting in a little on-line play-time without...
I'm popping out of lurkdom to say that yup, Williamsburg is about as mainstream as it gets! (now I'll return to lurkdom : ) xoxo Charlotte
Just a lurker . . . but thought I'd chime in with: "Your presence is present enough!" in smaller writing down at the bottom. xoxo Charlotte
I'm just an occasional lurker here, but wanted to briefly raise the point that you may not want to have a picture of your beautiful child(ren) right next to the address where they can be found -- you never know who sees your mail. All it takes is one pervert . . . xoxo Charlotte
Jesse, are you still around? Wondering how you and the wee ones are! Charlotte dd Fiona Jayne 08/27/02 dd Anneliese Beth 10/31/04
Well, at least there's this board for us to come to and find like-minded mamas! I really don't have any great advice. I'm surrounded by polar opposites in parenting, birthing, breastfeeding, politics. I expect to be stoned as a witch any day now. But seriously, I've learned to pick my battles. I give my opinions when asked, defend them with research, share my views when asked for advice, and otherwise shut up. I can fight my way through life and be miserable, or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Past_VNE Charlotte, does Stephen suck on your nipples much? Shanon sucks on mine all the time and it only hurts when he gets the nip only, so, it sounds like the same thing Fiona did to you. Nope, they've turned into purely mamary glands since I nursed Fiona. I was never much of a breast-stimulation person anyway, so I haven't missed it, LOL. I thought it might be the way she was suckling, but oyvey...
My nipples have been a bit crusty for a few weeks now (ew, doesn't that sound gross out of context? LOL) and last night, for the first time, I noticed the colostrum actually coming out of the ducts. Since I was in the middle of changing and dd was right there, I conducted a little experiment. She/we weaned back in December, when she was 16 months or so. I wondered if she would still show any interest or curiosity. So, I just sat topless on the floor. She was curious...
Ahhh, what a lovely break that was! We went to a friend's wedding out in the country and then to the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The wedding was beautiful, the reception fun and Fiona on her best behavior. She charmed the dickens out of everyone! Wednesday - Sunday at the beach was . . . oh it was a dream! The weather was icky for the drive down, and it rained during breakfast of our first morning, but the rest of the time it was sunny and breezy, not too hot, not...