or Connect

Posts by elnachick

Daniel Day Lewis.
I read Mists of Avalon about 7 years ago and loved it so much that I bought another copy to send to a good friend, then leant my copy to another friend... and haven't seen it since. I need to buy another copy and reread it. I own and enjoyed to a lesser degree The Forest House and Lady of Avalon (enjoyed LOA more than FH). I didn't realize that a "new" book had come out, just looked on amazon and see that it was co-authored (I was wondering how MZB wrote it after passing...
one thing I have to do with my machine when baking multigrained breads (doesn't have such cycle) is to start it, let it go a good ten minutes or so (but safely before the next cycle starts), stop it, unpplug it, start over, so the bread gets an extra dose of kneading that it seems to need.
Just thought I'd bump this with another version, since the zuchinni's a-poppin in our garden... 2c grated zuchinni 1 cup honey 1 cup sugar (I use a scant 3/4 cup or less) 1 cup oil (could sub some out with apple sauce but I'd add more flour, can also sub melted butter if you prefer) 1 TBSP vanilla 2 c unbleached a/p flour 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 1/2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp each cinnamon and nutmeg can add 1/4-1/2 c chopped...
Secrets and Lies - not dark as can be, but a sad/tragic comedy, great Mike Leigh film Life as a House kind of fits this as well, the sad/tragic comedy Oh yeah, Happiness and Welcome to the Dollhouse are great! Ghostworld was good as well. Happiness is just so, so, so sick I always find that sometimes I am laughing becuase it is so wrong, so freaked out, but it is a great movie. Pecker is also great, Cecil B. Demented was whacked and fun to see once. Serial Mom...
Pride & Prejudice A&E miniseries (I've probably watched this about 2 dozen times) The "original" Star Wars movies (as for the new ones, liked Ep1 okay, liked Ep2 much better) The Usual Suspects The Godfather and part 2 Goodfellas Babe Philadelphia Story It's a Wonderful Life Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 101 Dalmations (the orig. animated version) The X Files Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert LA Confidential When Harry Met...
My mom used to send me with crackers and a nifty little tupperware container of a healthy cheese spread, along with a popsicle stick to spread the cheese on the crackers. I remember clearly the day she forgot to pack the popsicle stick, I was in tears with the stress and trauma of it... Okay, so that was roughly 24 years ago or so... But cheese (if he eats cheese) and crackers are great, string cheese is pretty easy and has a "just like the other kids" quality to it (my...
Here's what I like to make: 1pgk (1lb or so) extra lean ground turkey breast 1 med-lg onion, chopped several cloves garlic, pressed about 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley TBSP or so fresh rosemary and thyme dash of ground sage (our plant isn't quite ready to use fresh) a little salt, fresh ground black pepper a dash of tamari 1 egg about 3-4 slices of bread, cut into small cubes mix this disgusting mash up, press into loaf pan or form it in a larger metal pan (my...
Right now I can't stop listening to the new Dave Matthews Band cd... although we did throw some Miles Davis on the other day
I have a friend whose toddler got hooked on, of all things, chunks of raw tofu dipped in Annie's Naturals Goddess dressing! She liked fruit a lot at that age, but wasn't quite so excited about veggies, but on our women's group nights she scarfed down guacamole (simply made with avo, lime juice, garlic, chopped tomatoes and chopped onion) and also fresh salsa - she was more inclined to use the tortilla chip as a spoon than to actually eat it, so it just worked as a great...