or Connect

Posts by InchByInch

Name: InchByInch * EDD: Feb. 29th * Age: 32 * How long it took to you to get your BFP: 1 cycle after weaning youngest child * What number child is this for you: #4 (I lost Baby #3 in an ectopic pregnancy) * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): DH and two young daughters * Birth plans/preferences: Homebirth/waterbirth with midwife *Anything else you'd like to share: This will be my first homebirth, and I'm pretty much scared to death... but I'm...
Hey ladies,   I'm a staunch supporter of homebirthing, but have never gone that route myself-- my two kiddos were born in the hospital, with me on an epidural. I'm now pregnant again (yay!), and am finally considering a homebirth. We interviewed a midwife a few days ago, and she was really great-- we like her a lot. The one thing that worries me is that she's only attended 65 births. I'm fretting that if I have some kind of complication, she won't be experienced...
This. I would also make sure that your mortgage is paid off, and any outstanding debts. I'm not a financial expert by any means, but all the signs point to a crumbling dollar, and when that happens, no investment will be safe-- except, of course, one's investment in tangibles.
Quote: Indeed, indeed!   OP, I have to say that as soon as I saw your subject line, I had to immediately click on it, because I too am filled with a sense of 'something wicked this way comes.' Of course I have no clue what form it'll take, but I joked around with a friend recently that I feel like an animal right before a hurricane or some other disaster hits-- you know how they go on high-alert? That's me right now. I actually posted a question about it a long while...
Thanks, everybody! The votes are unanimous-- I'll try iTunes! :)
I want to make my DH a CD of our favorite Christmas songs, but don't know where to go online to buy them. I remember using Rhapsody a few years ago, but just went to their site and (I could be wrong) it doesn't look like they do that anymore. Back then I bought the songs, which then got saved to my hard drive, which then got burnt to a CD. Does anyone know of a place I can still do that?
I've been told the same thing by someone who's invested a lot of time and energy studying the subject: basically, the dollar is circling the drain, and it's better to invest extra funds in gold. That's not my area of expertise at all, however, so I have no idea if it's true or not.
Quote: Originally Posted by MamieCole First, Thank you-- I needed that! Quote: Originally Posted by meemee your oldest is at a great change in life. if she is more than ever clingy its coz she's getting ready for her major emotional growth spurt after which they become more mature i think my dd went thru that when she was 5 or 6 and was much more open to reason than before. do you want ur bed back or do you want...
My girls and I co-sleep, mainly because we've done so from their births and now it's just habit. I'll be brutally honest here and say it's a habit I wish we could break... I miss sleeping in DH's bed, and the girls (now 5 and 3 years old) wake me up at least once a night. The problem is that both girls refuse to go to sleep unless I'm right there, laying down in the bed with them. I've tried just sitting on the edge of the bed until they drift off, or beside the bed... no...
As far as the potty stuff goes-- we actually bring a little potty chair with us in a bag when we fly (or travel anywhere, for that matter). Yes, it's a bit of a bulky carry-on, but it's light, and I'd rather my girl use that than a nasty airport commode. Regarding the entertainment-- we bring stickers, blank notebooks and pens, along with any neat travel toys we find at Cracker Barrel (they usually have a nice little selection). I know you said you don't do electronic...