or Connect

Posts by chiropractic4kids

I am not sure if this is the best forum to post this in, so if you have better suggestions please let me know.  But, I need some unbiased opinions of what to do about our son's second birthday party.  We have two boys and always throw big parties for the first 3 years because it is the annual "family get-together" of extended family and close friends.  The fourth birthday (and beyond) is kids-only (i.e. no grandparents, adult relatives, etc.).   Having two boys and...
I need to know how I can clean our wooden play kitchen I have two boys, and it's not quiteas "new" looking as it once was. I know the wood will age, but this is just plain dirty!
I would love to see the article, too. I was "unable to breastfeed" both of my boys... DS1 was born at 36 weeks, peaceful, unmedicated, no interventions, DH "caught" him, laid him on my chest, put to the breast to snuggle, nursed within 20 minutes. He did, however, suffer a premature clamping of his cord. I had to induce my supply with Reglan, it never came in on its own, supplemented at breast with SNS from day 3, he had completely refused nursing at 8 months. He was...
Quote: Originally Posted by ArtistMama28 I haven't had any luck finding an activity or playgroup for babies locally so I'm starting one! I think my 8-month-old would like it and I know I would like an excuse to hang out with other parents. The first meeting will be on Thursday, March 4 at 10:30 a.m. I know it's a long shot to post a very specific (and small) area for a playgroup here, but I love Mothering, so I thought I'd give it a try. PM me...
I am getting desperate for breastmilk for my 8-week-old. I am about 6 ounces shy every day and our donor milk is running out fast. If anyone has any to spare I would greatly appreciate it, even just a few ounces. We live in Maine but I am travelling to NH this Saturday and I can drive to just about anywhere to get it - within an hour or so of Exeter, NH. I hope to be able to sustain him myself sometime soon but I need some more milk to hold us over until then. I've...
I was lucky to get a script for it from an OB and got it filled at a compounding pharmacy, but at $103 a month. So, I'm ordering some from InHouse Pharmacy online tomorrow at $190 for a 6+ month supply. Quote: Originally Posted by Cherry Alive Would someone mind posting or PMing me how to get it if you are the US. I believe my DD's pediatrician said it was banned here, but we could still order it from Canada. Thanks!
I've seen it everywhere, and of course now that I'm looking to buy one I can't find it anywhere. It's a watercolor postcard (like the seasonal Waldorf cards) of a mother embracing (nursing?) her child. The only one I've been able to find in my hours of internet searches is a mother looking at her child in a bassinet. Anyone know where I can find the mother embracing her child? Thanks!
Not likely to happen, it's the flu after all - I think enough people would object. That being said, Sherri Tenpenny has a good series on vaccines (DVD) and though it is a little dry it is filled with good stuff about what to do if the government forces vaccines (smallpox, etc.) like how to protect yourself.
I'm in the same boat, my DS came with gush then 45 mins and he was here. This time I've had contractions off and on (2-3 mins for 10 hours one night) and LOTS of leaking of "stuff". My MW gave me some pH paper at my homevisit to test the junk coming out of me, I've sworn my water broke several times but it hasn't, just lots of goo. Lost my plug 3 weeks ago, still nothing but goo, no water. Ask your MW for some pH paper to save you to crazy wondering.
My DS was posterior, I labored a lot on my hands and knees for the 45 minutes of labor that I had, it just felt right. Nobody knew he was posterior, I just followed my gut and did what felt right. Then all of a sudden the back pain was gone, and he came in two easy pushes. That said, he was born at 36 weeks with no warning, my water broke, contractions started about 3 hours later, and then he was born. I say follow your gut, do what you feel is right, your body knows...