or Connect

Posts by chiropractic4kids

DS just started in the parent/toddler class at our local Waldorf school and he LOVES the resting space in the room - I think it is a down comforter. My MIL is going to buy him a down comforter for his birthday in a couple of weeks (he will be turning 2) and I'm wondering if I should make a bag/cover for the comforter. I think the one in the classroom is folded in fourths? I have some organic cotton fabric that I could use, but I'm wondering if I should make a duvet...
I am kind of upset tonight. I don't usually vent, especially to strangers, but a group of mothers who have children the same age as my DS are posting (on another site) about letters and numbers and what their kids know. These 22-month-olds are sighting the letters on signs and shirts and counting up to 40 in some cases. How sad is it that the mothers whose kiddos know all of their letters and numbers say that they learned them from TV? Not only do I not allow my son to...
I think you bring up a good point... We didn't know to worry until we knew we could worry, and so now we worry. I can't help but think how much nicer it would be if we didn't have all of these fancy things that told us that something was wrong with our babies, but then again, medical technology has saved so many that it really is better deal in the end. Anyhoo, we had three with the last pregnancy, two very early to date it (stupid) and one at 19/20 weeks. They did a...
What color is the discharge you all are having? Gross, I know, but mine is pinkish white sometimes, sometimes brownish-grey colored, but the gel stuff for sure, not regular discharge.
Does anyone have any experience with progesterone suppositories clumping? I've been on it for about 5 days now, 90mg at bedtime, and the clumping is really gross. Anyone else?
I forgot one... "I think breastmilk is okay, but breastfeeding is wrong." Yeah, um, okay. So, you hold the baby, yeah, just like that, no back a few feet. There, good. Ready? Now, I'm going to aim as best I can, but you know, these milk ducts can spray in all different directions, so if I accidentally squirt you in the eye, please don't be offended. I'll do my best to aim right for the baby, now just be sure to hold his mouth open so the milk goes in, okay?
A woman told me once to watch for strange pee streams from my DS. One of her boys had to have surgery to re-open his urethral opening because the disposable diapers she was using (he was 4 years old at the time this happened) were rubbing on his penis and between the chemicals in the diapers and the scar tissue from his circumcision the hole was covered over with tissue. The doctor actually told her that it was because of the diaper chemicals and the circ. I told...
Co-sleep, that is... We're expecting #2 and DS only likes to sleep next to me. When he nursed I would roll over to the side that he was on because I didn't care for the "laying over the belly" thing and if I rolled more so that he could take the opposite breast then I felt like I might roll on top of him. Any ideas on other nighttime breastfeeding positions would be great, too, as that might be the solution. Please be descriptive, though, because I am a total space...