or Connect

Posts by Smithie

Local eggs and dairy products again!   01/07: 70/3000 01/12: 115/3000 01/14: 135/3000 01/24: 145/3000   My next mission: the spring consignment sales. This is a really big thing around here. If I could clothe my children for the summer from these sales, I would be so happy. No new clothes manufactured for our needs, and $$$ in a local mama's pocket!    Also, the farmers who sell me chickens have slaughtered and processed their beeves! I am so hoping...
Homeschoolingmama, I think you will pass your homestudy just fine despite the spanking remark, but take a lesson from this! The adoption professionals you deal with are not your friends or your therapists. If you have had some kind of struggle in the past that you know will come up as part of the background investigation (like your Chron's disease), obviously you must disclose. But otherwise, your answers should be positive, generic, and geared to their checklist. Don't...
Hooray for local non-infant adoption!!! Or, you know, infant adoption. But I have really loved bringing a child into the family who can talk and use the potty.
Sounds like birthing out-of-state might be necessary for this mama, then. But that's definitely a question for an adoption lawyer - I am just a nosy lady with Google. ;)
Not overthinking at all :-) The OP should definitely have a lawyer, and the adoptive family should pay that lawyer's fees.
Also, TO HECK with that jerk of an agency coordinator for making this harder on you.    Talk to your prospective parents, and tell them to ditch their craptastic agency and find a lawyer. Tell them why - that you don't want an agency to have custody of the baby - you want the baby to go from your custody to their custody without a middleman. 
Local eggs and dairy products!   01/07: 70/3000 01/12: 115/3000 01/14: 135/3000
Money (and its close cousin, lifestyle) are huge factors in the size of our family. We are committed to sending all of our children to college and having them graduate without debt.    If we were independently wealthy and could afford not only lots of college tuitions, but also two SAHPs and regular household help with the cleaning, cooking, and chauffeuring to school and actvitiies, we might adopt more kids (I am done birthing them no matter what). I think we could...
That's my understanding as well. The Chicago lawyer I linked to above doesn't find adoptive parents for her clients (she leaves that to agencies or to individual efforts by the birthmother), but she DOES represent birthmothers who don't want their babies to be in the custody of agencies at any point.    If these folks are your baby's parents, they will find a way to make the legal situation work. Communicate your concerns to them. Maybe they need to talk to a lawyer...
Another thrift store trip! 115/3000 so far this year...