or Connect

Posts by eks

thanks for all the great suggestions! i found some great, relatively short writing opportunities online. some pay a little bit but others are just good for the brain, and nice for the ego when you get posted. you can find "telecommuting" work at freelancewritinggigs.com as well as more academic opportunities at www.h-net.org/announce/ the radio is a good stimulation...NPR as someone mentioned is one of my saviours. I've also been surprised to enjoy facebook posts by...
these shoes on sale now, & $5 shipping
thanks! Lots of great insights. My DD is still young (2.5) so we're in no hurry and happy to wait until she's ready. We've just naturally had some progress...a few 1-2 hour naps without a diaper and no accident and she often wakes at about 5am, takes off her diaper and climbs into our bed for another couple hours of sleep without wetting. So, I'm sure she'll get there when she's ready. She seems eager to be without diapers, since naked is her favorite outfit
I've seen a few posts asking about guidance for beginning potty training during sleep but very few responses so I'll ask again... I have a DD who is 2yrs 3mos and been daytime potty trained for several months now but still wears diapers at nap and night. I'm not sure where to begin since she's usually very wet, especially in the morning. A few times we've gone without in the car when she sleeps and she pees and gets very upset. She does wake up and ask to be changed...
I have narrow feet and so does my DD so crocs and Keens don't fit very well for us. She still wears Airwalk crocs we bought second hand just around the yard and when in the garden. But our favorite shoes are Robeez...altho they are on the expensive side, she doesn't grow out of them too quickly and wears them all the time so we usually buy 2-3 pairs per year and that's all.
I have exactly the same questions so was disappointed your post didn't get more feedback. There seems to be lots of info out there about daytime potty training but my DD (2yrs 3mos) is totally out of diapers in the day, but has very wet diapers after nap and nighttime. Our dr. did mention to avoid liquids as much as possible for an hour prior to sleep, substituting her night water/milk with some fruit such as apples or pears or crackers as well as making sure she pees...
If you're feeling bad about not having organic, I've attached the list of the "dirty dozen" (foods you should try to buy organic when you can) and it has a link of 12 foods you don't need to worry about buying organic. It also has some good health info about some of the foods (like how good sweet potatoes are for you!). Even when I can't afford to buy any organic foods, this makes me feel better and I try to stock up on the ones that are not so bad. ...
free shipping on $100 or more at hanna andersson online: G5URZ459
I like that..."it's not co-sleeping if Mama is not sleeping". That's how we feel. Theoretically we like co-sleeping and actually often sleep just Mama and DD in a double mattress on the floor, but in bed w/ heavy sleeping DH means no sleep for Mama. Having the extra double futon on the floor in DD's room has been very nice for some naps or especially rough nights.
hope for non-sleepers... I just wanted to share a success story! My 2 year old DD has struggled with falling asleep since week one. We have adhered to the "no cry" philosophy which in our case actually results in "no cry without parent holding" since plenty of crying has happened. We do not co-sleep since she was a couple months old, just because it means parents don't sleep well not b/c we have any philosophical problem with it. It usually took us 1-2 hours to get her to...