or Connect

Posts by Swan3

Couldn't read and not reply. Honour your instincts and take her to get checked out, be with her as much as possible until you can figure out what's happening. Saying prayers for you tonight that it's nothing...I can't imagine how difficult it must be to even imagine this might be possible. Hugs.
Quote: Originally Posted by felix23 Right after my c-section, nope, I couldn't carry my little 5 lb baby around while I shopped and tried to keep up with a three year old. And plus, why should I wake her up and make her scream for the whole trip when I can leave her in the infant carrier/stroller and she will sleep happily the whole time? :
Quote: Originally Posted by elus0814 Several people have mentioned how large strollers are. It is annoying to have to get around large strollers but maybe that parent really does go on dirt paths or has some other need for a very large stroller. When my two older kids were both under 16 months I needed to use a double stroller to shop. I didn't have the money right away for a regular double stroller so I used the stroller kit that came with my double...
Quote: Originally Posted by LilyGrace I'll admit, I have a problem with strollers. Too many of them are 'cadillacs' - huge things that have shocks and off-road tires that don't belong in stores. And parents are careless with them. I love children, but if there's a double stroller in the middle of the aisle of a crowded restroom, I'm going to curse the parents under my breath. If more people used smaller strollers that were a single person wide and...
OH yes! Last winter I was car-less/license-less and had to get everywhere by bus. I was also pregnant and had many appts which at times were for around rush hour (despite my begging and trying to reschedule). One day a woman complained loudly about how it wasn't very smart of me to take a stroller on the bus at rush hour. I replied "What's your phone number? I'll call you and ask for permission the next time I need to go out." Honestly? I think it's hostility aimed at...
I'm amazed at just how much even the mantra has helped. Wow. Good days!
Joining in this thread too. I love the affirmations. I have an almost three year old and a 3 month old and have been struggling with controlling my anger. I yell and on occasion, have swatted. I'm so ashamed of this and hope I'm not damaging our relationship for good. Today was great, I used the mantra...I'm hopeful for more good days!
I can totally relate to this...we're trying to turn a new leaf with our almost three year old so that she can eat on her own. I've been spoon feeding her precisely because she won't sit long enough to eat any of her meal. We've started reading "Child of Mine: Feeding your child with love and good sense" by Ellen Satter. It's helping, but it's hard to get out of those habits. I'd say don't get overly concerned, but it never hurts to start working on setting them up with...
I'm glad to hear that there was no injury found. Forgive me but maybe because I myself was the victim of child abuse I am still feeling suspicious. I want to say (like many others have) that I'm happy there was no abuse, but I would really watch closely. Lack of injury or scars doesn't necessarily mean that it didn't occur, your dad's ex-girlfriend is seriously suspect IMO. I would just watch and listen, and hope that there really wasn't abuse. I'm so sorry, I know...
Quote: Originally Posted by boheime I nurse any and everywhere...except around my ILs. I don't need the gossip and attacks about being a low supply mom and using LAs to nurse. I hate leaving the room, but around them (and we avoid ever seeing them for the most part), I just don't want to deal with them attacking me. And thus, I feel I'm not being authentic to myself and my beliefs. I've been exactly where you are! This being my second time...