or Connect

Posts by Swan3

Quote: Originally Posted by Koloe Mine likes to nurse her babies and all her stuffed animals too. Or I'm suppose to. Mine too! We call it chiche, she pulls up her shirt and gives her dollies "chiche".
Just remember that we go to different professionals for different reasons, there are specific things that an OT may be good for, parenting advice is not one of them. SW also have their place and their area of expertise, BF and parenting are not in their job descriptions. Trust yourself and have confidence in how you are parenting. I had a similar issue recently (a pedi telling me to nightwean to increase weight) and my counsellor told me this: Remember that...
Wrote my letter! Hope they're inundated!
Done! Here's my letter: Tori Spelling - Breastfeeding misinformation As a regular viewer of your show, I am concerned that on several occasions bad information has been given regarding breastfeeding. As you may know, it is the optimal way to nourish a child exclusively from 0-6 months and recommended by the World Health Organization until age two and beyond! Her comment that formula mirrors breastmilk and that breastmilk is only necessary for the first two...
Quote: Originally Posted by altora another member on the boards mentioned that CBC was working on this story. looks like it just went up a little while ago: http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2008/...vancouver.html I can't believe they actually pushed her into a change room!!! I think some heads will be rolling over this one! Yay for CBC!
Quote: Originally Posted by tiffani the manager has since repented to a LLL contact who contacted him, and said they would change their policy, since it violates the BC Human right's act, but I'm not sure if he has contacted the original mama yet. He better be sorry! What I'm wondering though is if H & M has officially addressed this. I'm dying to hear the outcome. What a relief to be here, I've been in this discussion elsewhere and it...
Date: Thursday, August 7, 2008 Time: 12:30pm - 1:30pm Location: H&M - inside the store for nurse-in; signs and protest outside of the store Street: 609 Granville Street City/Town: Vancouver, BC
Hi I'm Lizette and new here as of today! Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but with this sort of situation it might be helpful to point things in the right direction without being critical of her medical professionals (even though we know they could be doing so much more!) If she's been told to supplement, maybe she should be doing it with an SNS so that she doesn't encourage nipple confusion? Also I like PP's suggestion of taking baby and just hanging out...