or Connect

Posts by Swan3

Has anyone had experience with this? I've read on Kellymom that the side effects are seen in babies under the age of 3 months...but what are the side effects? It seems like the second-safest choice for BF moms. Would really appreciate any info or experiences anyone has had with this... thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by SpiderMum I am sick to DEATH of trying not to offend ANYONE! It's exhausting! You can't please everyone...and in this case I think that women was way out of line. I mean, sure, maybe she was offended...but I'm constantly being offended by people who are anti-BF and don't fly off the handle about it. ITA! I feel like everywhere I go not only am I supposed to defend myself against glares/stares but now also...
Quote: Originally Posted by ihathi Swan3, I'm glad to see you got through a rough patch this week... And I can also say that he's enjoying the process--this is not too much to hope for. Good luck! Thank you!!! She's really been participating a lot more happily this week...I've brought in some other resources to help us along. Got some videos, have ordered more books to read at bed time and just use Spanish a lot more around the house. I...
I actually had an amazing experience with this when my DD was 18 months old. She needed to get bloodwork done and so I talked to her about it several times the day before and the morning of. I told her that the doctors needed to get some stuff from her arm to see if she needed medicine, and that it would be a poke that will hurt, but that it won't last long. We kept talking about the "poke" and the next day while she was getting the bloodwork she looked straight at the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Comtessa A few days ago, I was at a birthday party for a family friend. One of her relatives was there with two young daughters. We brought our infant; when she was hungry, I sat in a chair in the corner of the living room to nurse her (I never leave the room to nurse). The younger daughter, a five-year-old, came over and leaned over the arm of my chair, staring in astonishment as I nursed the baby. Just want to...
Quote: Originally Posted by amrijane128 Lol! I dunno, personally, I probably would have washed it immediately. But... if it were three in the morning and all I wanted to do was get back to bed? Probably would have done what this ^ person said. LOL, my first thought was...pee won't make them sick right?
Thanks everyone for the encouraging replies...I think we were just having a rough few days. It seems that by using more Spanish in speaking to our newborn, older DD's more interested! Also wanted to clarify that I use Spanish with her every day, but mostly English. It was when I started to include more Spanish that she started resisting. I'm really hoping things keep improving, I've gotten some activity books and will be getting Spanish videos as well...preschool's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eclipsepearl Just curious why you waited so long to introduce Spanish. I spoke to my children in English from the crib. Once they began to talk, I gently guided them towards English. It honestly wasn't difficult at all! Two did kind of mix but they sorted it out. Actually I didn't wait to introduce it at all, I spoke it to her constantly until she was about one...then our social activities really started up and they...
I've written here before about gently introducing the language I grew up with (Spanish) to my DD who was probably around 18 mo - 2 years at the time. She's now 2 3/4 and I have to admit, I've dropped the ball with Spanish. My DH doesn't speak it and we are surrounded by English...we see my Mom once a week and she speaks Spanish only to DD. I have committed to reading her at least one Spanish book per day and try to tell her the Spanish word for things we see every day,...
Good for you!!! And lactating mamas!