or Connect

Posts by lilgreen

I'm not TTC, but have had several slips the past few weeks. I'm not sure where I am in my cycle because I took 2 Plan B (morning after pill) 6 and 5 weeks ago, which both triggered periods. This morning I took a First Response test. It looked negative. But if I scrutinized it, I wasn't so sure. I took it apart and on the underside of that clear plastic strip the second line was quite visible.    Disclaimer - I have been through the whole ttc thing several times (I have 3...
My partner goes flacid with a condom I've done a copper iud in the past but my periods were heavy and 9 days long. So I'm not doing it again. My cycles aren't always predictable and I'm not able to monitor my basal temp everyday (irratic sleep) I can't tolerate hormonal BC of any kind. What's left? Sponges, diaphram, caps...? Anyone have recommendations? Reviews? Help!!
Agreed, sadly. You just can't control what happens at his dad's house. But you absolutely can control what happens and what comes in and out of your house. You absolutely have the right to tell your ds that you do not allow those games in your house and to tell him why (without dissing his dad). See this as a way to assert yourself and your values in a way that is very obvious to your ds. He's going to fuss and whine and get mad, but stand your ground and this will become...
I agree wholly w Becky. You simply can't judge if you haven't been there. I've only had glimpses of what it is like for such parents, but that is enough for me to understand the detachment. You do all you can but it will never be enough and if you keep at it everyone gets destroyed too. There is so much pain and heartache involved in such a journey that no one else can understand. Just please don't judge those with mental illness and their families. It reminds me how...
So perfectly said. All of this.
I'm so sorry. This happened to me. My oldest is 12 and he has verbalizes his upset and anger about it to me. These guys are so selfish and shortsighted. It is not right, but it is part of this horrible awful process. I am 1.5 years out and we still haven't done mediation but we will in January. But we are doing 'shuttle mediation' - we will not be in the same room. Is that an option for you? Your emotions are raw and very strong right now and being in the same room can...
Thanks! It's for someone else inquiring about a missing post. I'll pass along the moderator's name.
Thanks!
I've been listening to a great podcast by 'Anxiety Guru' at anxietyguru.net. He's a totally down to earth, honest guy who discusses how to manage anxiety. He's wonderful and it has really helped me normalize panic attacks and work through them and other anxiety situations.   xoxoxo HUGS!
xo  I'm a PhD'er with three kids (4, 8, 12) and separated since Sept. 2012. Can you TA? or get an RA-ship? What is your relationship with your supervisor and committee members like? Your department? You should feel supported by the people around you. If you're not, can you seek out other committee members who can be supportive? I switched departments and supervisors and committees partway through. It's possible. I can't imagine doing this without such support. But I know...