or Connect

Posts by nici123

Thanks Piglet68, I didn't even realize there WAS an exercising forum (and why wouldn't there be?).   I'd love to join at group like that and will look into it more since you mentioned I wouldn't be on a team (no desire to lose weight anyway...just gain muscle and ability!).   Nic
I think you have a great plan...I do it myself! :)  I teach in Estes Park (small mountain town...and by the way, I grew up in Evergreen!), and it's such a great thing for the couples to have a local class and not have to drive an hour each way for the information!   When I first started out I had all sorts of charts and whatnot...but now I just use powerpoint with loads of internet pictures showing anything and everything (real women during real labor).  And if you won't...
So yes. I DO think I can do it all. I homeschool my 6 & 8 year olds. I'm pretending to (but want to for real) ramp up my business (writing patient newsletters for doctors), I have a very part time job (teaching childbirth classes), and once a year I fancy myself a novelist for NaNoWriMo. But I need to exercise, too.   My mom was my first chosen accountability partner for working out - since she needs to, too - but she's slacking off and clearly thinks that there's no way...
So yes. I DO think I can do it all. I home school my 6 & 8 year old kiddos. I'm pretending to (but want to for real) ramp up my business (writing patient newsletters for doctors), I have a very part time job (teaching childbirth classes), and once a year I fancy myself a novelist for NaNoWriMo. But I need to exercise, too.   My mom was my first chosen accountability partner for working out - since she needs to, too - but she's slacking off and clearly thinks that there's...
Just a follow up...it's true what the last posters said. I tried it again, and...voila!  No fuss no muss (mess...yes, muss, no :))  I guess it just takes doing it a few times. And now...I love it, just as I was supposed to!   Nicole
I've read all kinds of Moon Cup threads, but no one seems to have my issue: it hurts like crazy to take the thing out! Am I doing something wrong??? I love the idea of it. Trimmed the stem so it's comfy. Never have a leak. But After one or two times taking it out, I'm done for that AF and go back to the sea sponges (which I love, but...the cup seems so cool, I want to use it, too!). So. Any ideas? I break the seal with my finger, collapse the rim down into my pinched...
After teaching privately in another state, I've recently started teaching in a hospital setting...and though I'm not restricted on what I teach, I realize that I could at any time be walking the line of having or not having a job. As such, I started using a technique I saw used at one of the many classes I observed and it's AWESOME!  It's the intervention section - I have a bunch of books, including the one that the hospital has been giving out to their students since...
Great ideas everyone - thanks!  I also found some .99 hand fans (you know, the kind that accordian fold into their handles) - not really for the new pregnancy students, but for the later on cbe students. I liked that one, too. Plus your ideas! :)   Nicole
I've put together this very lovely module (aka powerpoint presentation) for our birth center's nursing staff on skin to skin contact immediately after birth. I want to include 'proof' that the nursing assessment (weight, length mostly...the visual assessment can of course be done while on mom's abdomen) in the face of a healthy appearing/sounding newborn, can wait until after the first breastfeeding session. After hunting down something solid to reference for half an...
Oh! GREAT ideas!!! The massage tool....for sure! They have them at Michael's for $1 (I should give them to my regular class students, too!). And I LOVE the spiral pregnant belly necklace - fantastic! For me that is. ha. And I've contacted Traditional Medicine - much easier to give away someone else's tea than make my own....nice. Super thanks! Nicole