or Connect

Posts by shijin13

My response will probably be "WAY OUT THERE" compared to everyone else.  We follow strict circadian cycles.  in the winter after the sun sets, which is around 4pm we only use candles or red headlamps for lighting. we turn off our circuit breakers at night, with the exception to our deep freezer and fridge.   We don't turn on lights powered by electricity at night.  Its easy in the summer b/c its dark until almost 9pm.  We also keep our heat turned down as low as...
several mom's I know IRL have had to eliminate dairy complete during the nursing relationship.  Some were able to introduce diary into their child'd diet at a later date some weren't able to do that.   mostly like what's occurring is a reaction to the BCM7 Casien protein http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casomorphin   here's a great slide show that explains the difference in milk (human vs cow)  http://www.nodpa.com/a1_a2.pdf   Most dairy in the US come from A1...
I think a great place to start is to look at things like the following documentary  which you can currently view for free on line here: http://viooz.co/movies/15267-in-search-of-the-perfect-human-diet-2012.html   There are others who advocate a more vegetarian based diet - such as forks over knives .  Having been a vegetarian and vegan - I found my health deterioated on these types of diet due to lack of saturated fats and proteins, even though I was eating the...
Hello   dropping back by.  I used to lurk regularly here when my kids were babies.  Thought I'd stop back in and touch base.   I'm a working mom to my daughter "Chaos" who's 5 and my son "Havoc" who's 3.
I think you've gotten some great advice.   when I switched to Primal/Paleo It took me 3 months to kick sugar.  I've recently learned that it can take up to 18mths to transition from "sugar" (glucose) burner to a fat burner.  This is why for some people they do great the first couple of weeks to the first couple of months then they crash.  This is because 1 molecule of glucose conversion to ATP via the Krebs cycle makes 31 ATP,  where as 1 fat molecule conversion to...
Have you looked at Physicians and Midwives? http://www.physiciansandmidwives.com/   they deliver at INOVA Alexandria -  I've had several friends use them and we're very happy with their care.
I've been working on having liver - in some form or another 1xweek for myself and the kids...they love the Liver pate I've made...that reminds me I should pull some out of the freezer - so I can have some this weekend... dh though has no desire for liver -as long as the kids eat it I'm good!  I call it a special treat - so they think its something really good... once it cools down - I'll be working more bone broths into our weekly rotation....
I wonder if eating paleo/primal can do that for older kids??? especially as the loose their baby teeth? I've been pushing primal eating w/the kids and now dd has to have protein/fat for bkfst every morning... I've almost got cereals out of the house (Still working on dh w/that one)  
I just eat the meat and sauce... dh will put it over rice... If I've been working out heavily - and feel a little out of it I'll have some rice - but usually I don't.   just saute up some mushrooms, onions  and set them aside - the brown the ground beef (or what ever ground meat you're using)  add in the mushrooms, onions and 1 small box of imagine portabello soup, then throw in some whole fat sour cream or yogurt and season to your tastes... pretty good
 What about beef stroganoff, chili, meatloaf, marinara sauce w/sausage and meatballs, coconut curry chicken, crock pot roaster chicken, pork shoulder (Slow cooked and pulled)  primal enchiladas - take shreaded beef, chicken, pork and stuff peppers with the shreaded meat, cheese and sour cream (assuming you eat dairy) the cover w/salsa of your choice and pop in the oven.  all could easily be served w/fresh or frozen veggies,  on of our favorite meals is Transylvania stew...