or Connect

Posts by amandamcgrady

My baby is 16 weeks old, He weighs 16 pounds right now. I am a SAHM and some mornings he wakes up and wants to be held and nursed for hours and sometimes he will go all morning wide awake and not eat until im sitting down to lunch. I have worried/wondered as well about this but now I see that its just a pattern and pretty much his mood. He just got all those shots (late) and I dont remember what kind of day we had after that but it doesnt sound to me like you should...
Im not even going to say what my DH does with them... I feel like they are for the baby now too, and I have had several sopping wet experiences, i think arousal makes them leak worse, if my understanding is correct.
Im a 4th time mom but first time breastfeeding and my son is 4 months and 16 pounds. Why is he doing this?. He will do a long moan until he runs out of breath and then breathe and do it again, each moan starts out loud and gets lower till the end each time..... All this while eating. could it be a sore throat maybe?
Is it accurate enough? If so what would you suggest as how to use it for this purpose? P.S. Im exclusively breastfeeding but nervous
Quote: Originally Posted by JudiAU I would recommend a hosptial grade rental pump. Should make a big difference and it won't be expensive, usually $20-30/month. Barring that, considering borrowing a double-electric from some one. A single hand pump isn't going to work. Hugs Thats what I have now, The lactation lady told me that the one I had from Kmart was Junk and discontinue use immediately. I have the hospital grade Medela lactina...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlmightyIsis I'm surprised they told you to stop bfing since the false positive rate is 90%, but I only want to offer support for your situation. That sounds hopeful though doesn't it? Here's the article I found http://www.aafp.org/afp/991001ap/1462.html You're doing great, mama. oh thank you for that article, i had been looking for info on the false positives. this paragraph is really good to...
Im too afraid to let him drink any breast milk right now, And I dont know anyone else with a baby so I have been pumping. The great thing is that I did get the Electric Pump last night. It does both sides at once and it is a lot faster and comfortable too. I of course had the cheapest ole thing at Kmart before because I thought it would just be for pumping for babysitter or some other one time things that would come up, but the real thing is Sooo much nicer like you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wugmama I had a TIA when my baby was 12 days old and due to tests I had and the fact that there was MRSA up on the hospital floor I was staying on, my dh wouldn't even bring the baby up to see me (the doc asked him not to and he wouldn't). So she was bottle fed 4 two days and went back to the breast when I got home. Good luck! Tracy Were at about two days now and He has NOT lost it, Whenever I hold him he...
Quote: Originally Posted by thepeach80 Galactosemia is an inability to break down lactose, soy formula is lactose free. That or hypoallergenic formula is what would be used instead of bm, NOT formula that is marketed as lactose free, it's not safe for galactosemia. No amount of diet changes, can change the fact that bm has lactose in it. You are completely right... I was saying that I was willing to do a lactose free diet, no cheese, milk,...
Oh MY.... Thank you ladies soooo much for all the support and information. I am so glad that I found MDC when I was planning the homebirth. I dont know anywhere else on the internet like this place and where people actually have the knowledge about all this stuff. Thanks for telling me about all of the happy outcomes you mentioned above, That is what I wanted to hear since my doctor told me that 90% of the time it comes back fine the second time around. Oh and...