or Connect

Posts by Gracefruit

I have always suffered with chronic UTIs, but after taking precautions to prevent the nasty little buggers, had been free of UTIs for quite awhile. Yesterday I noticed myself urinating a LOT more than usual, was up several times to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, and now this evening I have pain in my back under my ribs and the usual heaviness in my lower stomach. I do not drink sugary beverages, drink at least eight glasses of water a day plus cranberry juice...
For non-nursing bras, I usually order from barenecessitites.com and have always been very pleased with their selection and customer service.
I was raised as a fundamentalist Baptist and wound up converting to Orthodox Judaism as an adult, much to the horror of pretty much my entire family & everyone else I know. Despite having always felt a pull to Judaism, I was very passionate about my Christian beliefs, active in my church & youth group, and then somehow fell off the path during high school. I never did anything too extreme, but did give up my bible study and church attendance. Shortly after my husband & I...
My husband took our daughter to see a children's movie this past summer at twenty months of age. We had not planned to take her so soon, but he wound up getting deployed this summer and took her out for a special "daddy and me day" before he left. They wound up going to see a movie on a whim, as part of their special day. She watched the movie for about an hour, but became bored during the last fifteen minutes and they wound up leaving before the movie ended. She...
How neat to find this thread! I grew up cable free and my parents were not at all keen on allowing my sister & I to watch television. We watched an hour or two together as a family on the weekends, some special moves together during the holidays, and this was it. We all were/are quite the bookworms instead of tv buffs. : My husband and I went tv-free back when we first got married. At first we just gave up cable, but then realized one day that we never watched the...
I shop ahead for many items and do feel this to be worth the time and money investment. My daughter is on the smallish side and has been in the same clothing size for the last year, wearing her autumn/winter clothing again this year. When in doubt, I purchase on the larger size, as especially for dresses with her puffy little slip underneath, there is no issue with the clothing fitting. I also purchase shoes in larger sizes for her at thrift stores and have play & dress...
My husband and I made some really dumb financial decisions in our younger days and have had to work *really* hard to become debt-free. We've manged to do this on one income and while maintaining a pretty nice lifestyle in our opinion. Now that we no longer need to pay off credit cards, yet are used to living on much less money because of the debt pay down, we place the money into savings so we hopefully will never need to turn to credit in the midst of a desperate...
Thank you for sharing this info everybody. I had to laugh at vm9799's reply as I, too, am replacing my third vacuum in five years. t seems I kill every appliance I touch! I'm hoping by spending a bit more on this new vacuum, I might get more than 1.5 years use this time around
Quote: Originally Posted by wednesday2004 I'm no expert here but I thought maybe try dish soap since thats formulated to remove oils. I'd try it a few times anyway to see if it helps. I wouldn't throw out the clothes even if its tempting because eventually that fish smell will go away. I second this advice. I had a little incident with a bottle of CLO a few years ago and dishsoap was the advice my grandma gave me. I had to wash the clothes with...
Does anybody have an Electrolux vacuum? Would you recommend this vacuum? Or is a Dyson or Oreck a better choice?