or Connect

Posts by Summertime Mommy

This is kind of an odd question, but I feel like the ladies on here probably have the most experience. For the last 8yrs, I have been either pregnant or nursing or both. About 3-4 weeks ago, my 3.5 yr old finally weaned completely. She had been down to about 2-3 nursings for almost a year before that, but my breast still ache at night and sometimes in the morning, which are the times she used to nurse. It has been almost a month, how long should I expect this to last?...
I really don't like TB Tara, I felt like book Tara is Sookie's link to reality. She is the one person in Sookie's life who isn't a supe, or crazy. I think having book Tara as her friend gives her something to focus on other than all the crazy supernatural stuff.   I was sad to see the Queen killed off too, I really like her in the books.   I am also interested to see where the show plans to go with Debbie Pelt I wonder if Sookie will still have to off her at some...
I have always felt connected with the earth, but since we started growing our own food, I have realized how spiritual the earth is, and I am finding myself taking on an almost pagan style view of the earth, I have found that I feel very strongly about things like making sure to thank the plant for its sacrifice and things like that, although I know that sounds odd, it just seems wrong to not do it.  I would like to know if there are any writings on the earth/environment...
I have problems with B12 absorbtion and feel that way if I don't take vitamins daily, I didn't know that is what is was though, until I started getting neuropathy and it forced me to go to the dr. If you haven't already, try taking some vitamins.
I am so sorry for your loss.
I just had to pick up my dd from school because she wrote all over the bathroom walls (2inch letters, every single stall). They did make her clean it up and she will have OSS today and 2 days of ISS. But I feel like this deserves some sort of consequence on our end as well, especially because this is not the first time she has defaced property, but it has always been stuff belonging to the family before this. I would like to try to find something that will make her...
I would do Sookie and Eric or maybe Sookie and Bill, from True Blood, but I love the Southern Vampire series. My uncle and his wife did Roger Rabbit and Jessica one year, that was pretty neat.
I dvr this show and my 6 yr old and I watch it together. She loves it, because she does  pageants too, but not at that level.  I have heard that these shows seek out crazy pageant moms, for the wow factor. I have never met a parent like this IRL. Most moms I know are all about keeping things fun and age appropriate and doing it because the girls enjoy being the center of attention and getting to dress up like a princess. I think these shows have a parent like that on...
Hi, I am in a realy crappy situation with my sdd and I don't really know what to do. My dh and I have had custody of sdd since she was 2.5, she is now 12, up until about 5 years ago, when her mom had another kid, her mother was mostly absent, now she comes around more frequently and sdd is starting to act more and more like she doesn't want to be here. She even makes little remarks about how things are sooo much better at her mom's. (When really her mom is never around,...
Here is a little background. I was a teen mom, my ds's dad has always been kind of in and out of the picture. For the most part, we never see him, Koeby is lucky if he sees him once a year other than Christmas, and he normally gets a call around his birthday. That is about all the contact his dad has. This really hurts ds. Every time ds sees his dad, he thinks things are gonna change, they never do, and no matter how much I try to explain to his dad how this is hurting...