or Connect

Posts by Kivgaen

I do need to organize more events in my home.  I don't know why it is, but I always seem to find the time to clean when someone is coming over.  My parents came for dinner on Monday and I magically found the time and cleaned the whole of the main floor until it was spotless.  And it didn't take me all day either.  I even found time to do some decluttering and organizing while I was at it, I didn't just shove things into drawers/closets!         My sister-in-law is one...
caedenmomma -- thanks for the suggestion.  I did go out and eat something with my daughter and felt a bit better after having done so.  After we had lunch, I actually went to a walk-in-clinic (my Dr's office was closed yesterday) and got a prescription for SSRIs. I've had this problem most of my life, but never really given medication a fair shake.  Its time to give it a shot...   berkelyp -- Yes, that's it exactly!  And what makes matters worse is I have two...
I think to myself -- just start small.. pick one drawer.  one room.  One corner...   But everywhere I look, there's clutter everywhere.  And the clutter migrates from one room to the next.   I just threw out 3 large garbage bags full of junk yesterday, and there's STILL something on the floor in every corner or every room that shouldn't be there!  Scattered books, clothes on the floor, a melon rind, an old broken dresser, bits of a broken toy... And this is just...
I guess I just want to see the house clean... spotless. in a state where I would feel confident and comfortable if my mother poped in for a visit. No cat smell, no rat smell, no clutter, no flies, no food/dishes left out, clean floors, clean windows/mirrors, no dirty laundry...   Just once... Once, I would like to be able to say "I can relax and put my feet up tonight, because my house is CLEAN"... Or "sure! we can have a play date at my house -- common...
::DELETE ME::   I thought I was making a reply, not a new post... sry
I'm struggling this morning...  call it depression, call it PMS, call it whatever you want to call it...  i dont really care.  But right now,in this moment, I am feeling very, very low.   I'm sitting here looking at my desk. Or at least, at the spot where there used to be a desk.  It seems as though I've been trying to dig myself out of this hole ever since School started in September.  I've been working, cleaning, decluttering, working some more... trying to make a...
Here's how I nurture my soul:   1) When kids are in school (it gets easier when they get older, BTW :), I go for my guitar lesson 2) I put the kids to bed REALLY early!  we start around 7:00-7:30.  They are usually asleep by 8-8:30. 3) I read when I am waiting outside their door for them to fall asleep. (I started doing this when the youngest was 2).  I stopped letting them fall asleep while BF (I don't know if you do this, but I did until DD was two, and I am...
I don't believe that the bank would reverse the charges and go after him... But I do believe that you can take him to small claims court. Start keeping accurate records of all the charges he made that you did not authorize. If you can proove your verbal agreement, and you can proove that he was the one who made those charges, then you should be awarded a settlement. I am sure that you would not be the only one in court who did something really stupid... What were...
I hear you asking two completely different questions: 1) what would you do on a Friday night if you had the freedom to do whatever you wanted to do? 2) what do you do to nurture your soul? The reason that they are different questions to me is that I couldn't possibly nurture my soul on a single, one-time, rare occasion of me going out on my own. On that one Friday night I would probably just squander it away by doing something completely irrational, crazy, fun, and...
Quote: Originally Posted by E.V. Lowi Try baking with it, or make ghee. No need to mess with the smoke. Do you have experience with this? Don't you use more of it this way? How much would you have to use in a single muffin, for example?