or Connect

Posts by I-AM-Mother

I sure would...I sure do (My daughter is 12 years old) Don't care.
Quote: Originally Posted by odenata I disagree. "Society" and "culture" aren't abstract things that exist in a vacuum. "This guy" and others like him are what make society and contribute to our culture. Societal change comes about from demanding change not just from the top but from all the "this guys" out there as well. I agree. I am coming from the angle that the majority of people have to be thoroughly educated about important things such...
:
Quote: Originally Posted by 1littlebit this is true. for some reason people need really extreme examples before people wise up and go . its like the idea that the US is going to run out of oil before we get around to changing our way of life. I think breastfeeding is kind of like that. if its not extreme people won't listen... though i have no idea why. every person who is a little more educated b/c one mother says what? i'm not nursing in bathroom.....
Quote: Originally Posted by mamameg I think people are getting really irritated with this guy because they think he needs to be taught a lesson. And he does. But getting in his face about it while he's planning his wedding and putting a friendship on the line isn't the best way to teach the lesson. A better way would be to tell him, "yeah, it's fine, we've got it covered. of course we won't make anyone feel uncomfortable" Then you go to the...
the funny thing is that most of us are probably on the same side regarding nursing. this whole issue comes down to what a person/woman/mother will do for a friend. if it is insulting to her to have a long-time friend of the family ask her to cover up while nursing then she probably will not go and it will cause conflict in the friendship. if a woman considers it to be a reasonable request she will use the blanket. until this society (if it ever does) comes to grips...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad It gets to me when people bring up domesic violence and sexual abuse when most men are being raised to feel like they can't report it when it happens. When they become the bad guy for trying to protect themselves... The women's only problem that they are viewed as, benifits no one. Unfortunately, you are correct. However, we live in a patriarchal society where men have ruled and still continue to rule...
of course, i am. doesn't feel mean to me. in fact, my daughter is now a "smart alec"
it didn't seem like she banned you, just made a few suggestions (which every person I know seems to do once they find out a woman is pregnant). it's the name of the game...everyone knows whats best for the pregnant woman.
nope, can't say I do. although i do know what mean about that feeling because your child is yours.