or Connect

Posts by YayJennie

We're in the EXACT same position right now.  My son potty trained a little bit after he turned two, and is now 2 years and 8 months old.  He started sleeping through his (2-3 hour long) afternoon naps without a diaper a few months ago, and then the other night asked to wear his underwear to bed.  We let him, and he woke up dry.  The next day, he wore the underwear to bed again, but wet himself, although he did sleep through the night.  The next day, he wore a diaper, by...
Zero to one was like no big deal at all.  One to two rocked my world.  Granted, my kids are 20 months apart, so I think that was the major difficulties I had.  But it was WAY different than I expected going from one to two and way more difficult.  Just my experience.
At 2 years old my son was still eating the crayons He's 29 months old now, and has made a huge leap with his coloring abilities just in the past month.  Now he'll actually draw a shaped object and label it ("this is a fishy") even if it doesn't really look like what he says it is, he's definitely getting there.  As far as coloring in the lines, I don't really give him coloring pages very much, so I don't know.  But I would say what you're describing is completely...
My son has always slept A LOT of his age.  He's currently 28 months and still takes a solid 2-2.5 hour nap (sometimes he'll sleep for over 3 hours!) every.single.day.  When he was 16 months he was still sleeping for an hour and a half twice a day.  But he's always slept way more than other kids his age.  
My son didn't even say "mama" until 14 or 15 months old, and only had a few other words by 18 months.  However, somewhere between 18 months and 2 years, his vocabulary made a huge jump and he was speaking in short sentences by his 2nd birthday.  Now he's 28 months old and speaks easily in full sentences, continues to have new words everyday, and is easy to understand.  I was surprised by the sudden jump after saying so little for so long, but he's definitely caught up...
I just read through this thread and am wondering if anyone knows if the NC registry is just for kids vaxed in NC.  What if I vaxed my kids in a different state (NY)...would the NC public schools still have access to the records?   I have a 27 month old and a 7 month old, both currently unvaxed, but we were considering starting a selective schedule with my toddler (and then my baby when she is older).  However, we also want to send him to public school and I know that...
Wow...I have a 26 month old, a 6 month old, an 80 lb dog and 2 cats and I honestly don't think I could find 3 hours a day worth of cleaning to do!  I guess maybe my standard of "clean" is low, but I consider my house pretty clean and tidy.  I spend about an hour each day doing basic maintenance cleaning (dishes, laundry, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and picking up) and then maybe one "deep clean" (windows, fridge, sweeping and mopping the stairs).  Most of which I do...
We slowly but surely moved my son's bedtime and wake up time so he was sleeping from about 8pm-7am a few months ago (when he was a baby he was a 5:30pm-5:30am kind of kid!)  We just started putting him to bed a few minutes later each night, nothing drastic, and moved his nap later and later until he was sleeping in until 7ish in the mornings and napping noon-2ish.  But then, I had my daughter and she's another early riser.  So she wakes him up in the mornings and now...
I'm looking for local AP moms to give opinions/experiences on a variety of topics to include in articles I'm writing for the Rochester Attachment Parenting Examiner.  I need to write these articles with a local perspective on AP issues, so if you'd be interested in being interviewed/featured/quoted in something like that, let me know.  I've currently got articles started on breastmilk donation, safe co-sleeping, toddler discipline and baby carrier reviews.  There will be...
^^hakeber you would be the person I'm referring to when I said I'm enjoying the well thought out responses and interesting debate :)  nak but wanted to add that!