or Connect

Posts by momma_unlimited

If beeswax crayons are $13.95 on most of the sites I've seen, and less than $8 on this one, that is a HUGE difference (it look like over 40% off on the art ).   As far as time goes, appalachiamomma, I would imagine a co-op isn't carrying inventory (they order items once the members request them) and since many of these thing are from the EU and Germany I could see why the shipping time is "up to 30 days".   My husband is a sales rep in the natural products industry, and...
I really enjoy Earthschooling.  And I meet with two other mothers (one a more strict adherent to Waldorf homeschooling, one just interested in it enough to dabble) once a week.  Then, once a week we join a more mainstream homeschooling co-op.  However, my son is a sanguine (extrovert) so he needs this more than an introverted child would.  I can tell how much socialization he needs by his general attitude at home.  He becomes disagreeable and bored when he needs more...
For my family, we are out a bit more than my 3yo needs, because my 5 yo goes crazy if we don't!  I have a phlegmatic 3yo who would be fine with a few times a month playing near or with other kids.  But my sanguine 5yo is very unhappy if he is not around other children, and I remember being the same way as a child.  So, Monday nights the 5yo goes to a Bible memory club (his choice, he loves it) but the 3yo and baby stay home, Tuesdays we drive to get organic milk and stop...
I can't say if this will help you, but when I have situations like this (and I have), I make it a point to stay in my child's room at night after he's gone to sleep... and just *be* with him, think about him and who he is as an individual, how much I love him, etc- because it's so much easier when they are asleep =)  And often, in the quiet, the answer comes.  In a forum like this we can support each other, we can vent, we can share; but ultimately, you are the only one...
   http://www.dremel.com/en-us/AttachmentsAndAccessories/Pages/AttachmentsDetail.aspx?pid=426   This says it is for "thin wood" but it worked for me. I was using pine, which is softer.  Might need the "rip and crosscut blade" for hard wood. I also here that you can buy a "mini" circular saw for the dremel.  Might be a good idea now that I envision creating entire kingdoms of animals and people!    If you go to dremel.com there is a search tool called "accessory...
Monkeyma-   I think you could make arms and legs, depending on how detailed/what angle they are at.  I have the basic kit and the cutter is a circle about the diameter of a nickel.  Then the little sanding/smoothing tool is maybe the diameter of a pea.  So you can go pretty small. =)  There may be more cutting options if you buy a cutting accessory kit tho!  I know I was thinking of getting a routing kit to go with it.  I have this amazing idea for a castle but I'd...
So this has been my first attempt, using only a dremel tool and scrap of firewood.  I painted it with non toxic paints from Joann's (it is only .59 per color!).  I still need to determine a coating that will make it shiny and protect it- any ideas?  It is about the height of my pinky finger.   I am going to make a whole set of woodland creatures and some trees... between that and a new co-op I am joining, I have finally figured out how to do Waldorf on a budget!  
Haha, I think this is pretty funny actually but what they play with most, for the past year or so, are the small wooden traffic signs that go to their trains set.  These traffic signs are "kids" who have names, and my 5 and 3 yr old know who each kid is (ie the yield sign is a certain kid, the stoplight is a certain kid...). 
Spend a lot of time outside,  This is what helped me have a clear mind, stronger intuition of what really matters, and helped shed layers of materialism.
My kiddo had it around that age, and I had a 7mo breastfed baby who luckily did not develop it even though he got coughed on by big brother (yea for breastfeeding immunity!). The homeopathic remedy pertussinum worked great, but you'll get better results by giving it sooner rather than later. Also, we did a lot of aromatherapy (like eucalyptus and peppermint in the vaporizer), really light diet with lots of herbal teas and the big one is plenty of convalescence time- we...