or Connect

Posts by momma_unlimited

Well, I was just getting ready to do something along the lines of that you tube video when my parents called and said they found a used one on craigslist in their city (2 hours away) and borrowed my uncle's truck and are bringing it down- so lets hope it does the trick!
Has anyone here just done all their family's laundry by hand (like, in the bathtub maybe)? My washer bit the dust, we have sworn off credit cards, and as we just put $1100 into our one car DH needs for work and have a big tax payment due Apr 15, there just is really no money for a washer. And the laundromat is just a nightmare with a teething baby. If you do it without a machine, how do you do it?
So my front loader kicked the bucket, and if I'm lucky enough to get a new machine instead of the one for sale on the side of the road of questionable worth, I need suggestions. I know I want a toploader I have a shallow well so it can't suck up too much water, but enough to get things (DIAPERS) nice and clean and have hot water cycles And, be under $500! Any suggestions? (I'm asking for suggestions because my last machine was a horrible failure in the cloth...
Just wondering. I usually bake our bread with spelt, but last Thursday started using hard spring wheat a neighbor gave me (I grind it in our mill- it was fresh). Sunday, baby got fussy- she went from a contented little thumb sucker who lays on her tummy and sleeps half the day in her bassinet, to wanting to be in the sling ALL THE TIME and unable to fall asleep on her own at all... has remained this way since. Pretty sure she already went through her 3 mo milk supply...
My husband got me 4 gallon size boxes of BioKleen FREE at a trade show and I'll be darned if I'm going to spend $25 to have Charlie's Soap mailed to me with all that I've got. I just started it today and we'll see what happens, if it's rough on my diapers I guess I'll do Tide Free and Clear which seems to be recommended here frequently... Quote: I was excited about CDing but now I am just feeling overwhelmed with all the things that can go...
I have been adding it to the wash cycle with the extra 3 gallons of water I have to add to compensate for the "efficiency" of my machine
I am seriously starting to think I could clean my diapers by hand much easier than the washer- maybe just use it for the spin cycle. A huge kettle on the stove with very hot water & a bit of soap, a canning pot on the counter with cold for a rinse. !! You think??
My 2.5 yr old is 35 lbs of rolypoly and Blissful Booty AIO's are GREAT- I have less blowouts than I had with sposies. Now if only I can figure out how to get them clean in my front loader!!! They are on ebay for $7 each and I use a doubler. You should skip NB and start right with small I'm thinking. My baby is 3 months old tomorrow and ready for mediums.
So I got some really cute AIO's for my 2 yo that DH can handle (he watches my boys when I run errands or need a bit of "me time"; I need diapers that he will agree to!) I CANNOT GET THEM CLEAN! I've tried a wet pail (scrubbing off any poop before putting them in and only soaking overnight, with baking soda and bac-out). I've tried a dry pail, scrubbing out the poopy ones first and spraying them all with bac out and tea tree oil diluted in water in a spray...
My 4 yo son sleeps better and longer if he goes outside. Hard, cause its so cold but I make him in all but the most hideous weather for at least 5 minutes several times a day! I recommend a morning routine you enjoy. I don't attach mine to times (ie at 6am we do this), but to *order*. So, whether my 2 yo wakes up at 5:30 or 7 screaming "I'm poopy!", procedure is to change him and off to the bathroom we go. If baby is up, she goes in her portable swing in the...