or Connect

Posts by momma_unlimited

Thanks mamas. There are so many conflicting views on diets, and since they are pretty healthy (cross your fingers, but they haven't had any sort of illness/cold for over 5 months!) I can't understand that their guts would be too out of balance? Plus, the milk obsessed toddler was a home birthed, soley breastfed for a year, never been to a doctor or taken any kind of pharmaceutical, kid who plays in the dirt and loves kefir so I can't see how he could have too much bad...
So we are really down to the bottom of the barrel for money this month, and I have plenty of food, just not *yummy* food. So, I serve what we have and my 2 yo and 4 yo are complaining and plain refusing to eat. Then, their blood sugar flops around and they are moody and irritable but still refuse to eat. What do I do? Last night they refused split pea soup, for breakfast I served cheese omelets, cut into pieces the way they like their food, and kasha (toasted...
I've just had my 3rd and am having pretty bad ones- and not just while nursing. My midwife said motherwort- I'm wondering what are the differences between motherwort and crampbark, anyone know? Guess I will pop some arnica in the meantime.
Well guess what- perfect ending, his boss who loves babies WON'T let him work and found a replacement. =)
Yea! She was born after a pretty peaceful four hours of labor (she is my 3rd baby). The last 15 minutes was intense but we got through it! And DH can still go to his event tonight (kinda sucks he has to leave but at least we were together for the birth and we're resting now)!
Ah! No use. My water broke. Hopefully they will find *someone* to replace him. Off to light candles in the bathroom... wish me a blessed birth!
I'm 39 weeks and I woke up at 1:30 am with a contraction, and I've had 4 more in the past 20 minutes. My husband has a HUGE event for his job three hours away today. Of course he will miss it if he has to but it's going to cause a lot of people a lot of stress. Any good recommendations to slow labor down? Drink water, rest, right? Stop freaking out about it and go back to bed? I have two toddlers so the resting part might be hard...
No. If I had a hospitable transfer, I would just say I was negative. They won't have a chart and I don't mind stretching the truth (I tested negative in my first pregnancy) to keep my babe out of the NICU (went through that with numero uno due to chorio from a 44 hr labor with ruptured membranes & numerous vaginal checks) as long as things go smoothly (my second labor was 2.5 hours so I'm not too worried about chorio anymore). Personally, after my first birth what...
Quote: If having to make so many decisions is causing him that much stress, I would not ask him to make them as often, and keep them as low key as possible. For a 2 yo having to choose between ice cream and cake is extremely stressful. Just give him one or two relatively easy choices a day, so that he can practice making decisions, but otherwise make suggestions instead of asking. I don't offer him many choices, it's that he tries to choose other...
I've been considering two conflicting ideas and would appreciate some insight from other MDC mamas. First, there is the idea that children should be allowed to express negative emotions (to the point that no one is being hurt)- like tantrums, for instance- so they can express themselves fully and not have all these bad feelings locked inside to turn into deeper problems. Then, there is the idea that within their little brains, neurological patterns of behaviour form...