or Connect

Posts by momma_unlimited

Does your child usually get fevers with the common cold?? This sounds strange to me. Whenever my kids get fever, I always assume it is something more serious than a cold (virus, childhood illness or bacterial infection like an ear infection)... My son got whooping cough- first he developed a runny nose. I started on the herbs/vit C and stay at home. Then he came down with the fever and I had him eat light and drink teas. The second night his fever was gone but he...
I had a plugged duct once and mastitis once (separate occasions). Both times, I got through it with poke root tincture and plenty of rest (and no bra for a few days). I always keep a supply of Wish Garden's Mastitis Cure (an herbal tincture with poke root and a compress of loose herbs) around just in case because overnight shipping is expensive and I have found their products to work excellent (my friend from Boulder, CO, where they are made, recommended them to me after...
Quote: My OB told me today that if I don't get the H1N1 vaccine and I go to the hospital they will check my temperature. If it's 100 or over they will assume I have swine flu and put the baby in complete isolation for 48 hours. This may be the hospitals' policy most of the time regarding maternal fever- whether or not you have had the vaccine they will be checking you, and with my first, I had a fever when he was born and he was required to be given...
I heard about how secondary infections tend to be the dangerous part of contracting this flu (esp for pregnant women & children). But honestly that doesn't worry me, because I tend to think secondary infections have more to do with convalescence than some random thing that can just "happen". When you find yourself ill, esp with a "dis-ease" that involves fever, its important to completely stop "life as normal" and respond to your body's needs for rest, natural light...
I like knowing that I really know everyone there. In a hospital, even if you know your ob or midwife, you have no idea in advance who your nurses will be or if their shift ends and new ones come. I need to feel comfortable with the energy of each person, and I feel very comfortable in my home with people I'm familiar with. I feel like a lab rat when people I don't know are walking in/out, feeling entitled to alter the atmosphere around me. or like I am their "job", or...
My husband is a homeopath and he just rinses wounds with water (no soap)and takes Ledum if it's a puncture wound... and applies a salve with antibacterial properties. He's stepped on a couple nails in the past few years and its been ages since his last tetanus booster, but no problems.
Quote: 2) DH has to get the swine flu mist, courtesy of the military. What vitamins and stuff do you recommend to help boosting his immune system? I was thinking sodium ascorbate, vitamin D3.... Anything else maybe? You may look into the homeopathic remedy thuja. It can be taken after vaccination to reduce side effects from the vaccine. Quote: If you dig around in the vaccinations forum, someone just posted the other day a way around...
Thanks ladies! Can't wait to check them all out.
I have never tried my hand at bulbs and this year I would like to do some garlic, crocuses, snow drops, tulips, and hyacinths. Anyone have favorite suppliers that are economical and good quality?
Quote: I have hypoglycemic symptoms, am pretty uncomfortable. This may seem overly simplistic and perhaps is something you already do, but with my pregnancies I tend towards hypoglycemia and I have found a basic rule that really helps- never have any carbohydrate/food sugar items without plenty of fat & fiber. So I butter my sprouted grain toast on both sides, dip my fruit slices in almond butter or eat them with nuts or sprinkle shredded coconut on...