or Connect

Posts by momma_unlimited

My husband told my mom that he wanted our family to develop its own distinct personality and for me to be a confident mother who found her own groove and wasn't constantly exposed to criticism or people trying to influence me to do things the way they thought it should be done, and if she couldn't respect that, he would protect his family by only allowing her to hang out with me when he was there. She wouldn't listen to me, but she did listen to him- I think it helped her...
Is hypnosis GD? Haha. When my two boys fight I think to myself... they really do love each other... so why would it hurt to implant them with subconscious suggestions to be kind to each other? Although I hear it doesn't work too well on kids under 3.
I talked to the maternity nurse who is coordinating my Medicaid (my HB midwife's office is in another county, so the therapists she may know would prob be far away) and she said she could probably get me in to see someone within the next 2 weeks. I will try to be open to suggestions from a therapist and maybe bring them back here for you ladies to help me decide what would be safe. Thanks for the advice and support. I will definately start taking some B-complex and I...
Thanks all for the suggestions. I've hashed this out a little and I've decided I think it goes beyond circumstances described here; I think I have pre-natal depression... all of a sudden I have not been myself, and have not been up to the normal challenges life presents. I think if I can deal with that I will be able to deal with family life and implement some of the suggestions (more routine, more involved activities with kiddos)... thanks for listening, suggesting, and...
I have a 2 & 4 yr old and am 6 months pregnant. All along I have felt very lethargic/lack of energy, but in the past few weeks... I cannot enjoy anything, want to avoid/not talk to my husband, want to sleep all day, and have this weird fantasy that when I give birth I will just bleed to death. This is not like me, I wanted this baby and was so excited when I found out I was pregnant, and now... I feel joyless. Not myself... There is not anything else I would like to be...
JennPN- About the praise and recognition for good behaviour, I guess I feel more comfortable "acknowledging" their actions and encouraging them, but I'm apprehensive about other forms of praise because my 4 yr old tends to remember and expect/ask for the same praise or reward the next time he does the behaviour (for instance, if one time we say what a beautiful prayer he prayed at dinner time, every time after that he will ask "Was that a beautiful prayer?" and it's way...
For about a year now, I have been trying to practice GD. In the past 2 months, I have been trying to be non-punitive as I feel like time outs and punishments and rewards are not instilling the kind of values that will benefit anyone. Well, I have a 2 and 4 yr old and am 6 months pregnant... and making the change has been very hard. I address things, but talking to them about it and offering them appropriate activities only lasts a few minutes before they are right...
I don't think of love as a feeling, but as an action, a verb. In my marriage vows, I vowed *to love* my husband til death do us part. How could I ever make such a committment if it depended on how I felt at any particular future moment? Feelings are rather like the weather, they change a lot. So, I choose to love; it is an act of the will; but I don't always *feel* loving. I don't have to feel loving to *be* loving, though. I can feel angry, hurt, resentful, etc and...
Quote: there is clearly an underlying issue that needs to be addressed here otherwise her DD wouldn't have continued to cross her mothers boundaries (and this issue can be addressed witout control, punishment, coercion, whatever). It seems like the OP is saying the underlying issue *is* that her daughter does not understand boundaries. And honestly judging by the OP's emotional tone and frustration level, I would venture to say that is because she...
My husband moved us 1.75 hrs away so my mom wouldn't come over every day after work after I had my first... I really think she thinks I'm incompetent too- she even warned my husband not to move away because I didn't have the "coping skills" to raise a family without her close by... Since she doesn't respect me when I try to set boundaries, he spoke with her and told her he doesn't appreciate people trying to influence me to do things their way, and if I am upset by her...