or Connect

Posts by kathywiehl

People I know who are active within this organization are posting on FB that location does not matter, so if they say it's okay then I guess it is. As someone who has had two "under the radar" home births, I really hope to see changes so that my friends can work and birth legally here.
I am shocked that home birth activists have not jumped on this, but they haven't and we need your help. Midwifery is not legal in Alabama and there is a group called the Alabama Birth Coalition trying to change laws. I have not been heavily involved, but I do sorta keep up with what is going on and it seems that they are really close to getting legislators to make changes that will allow a cpm to practice in AL   You can help by quickly signing this petition, EVEN if...
My 7 year old is a worrier. Every night when she lays down in bed her mind goes into overdrive and she begins to worry. Most of the time the things she worries about are ridiculous to me but very real to her. Things like "I got sharpie on my arm today. Will it poison me?" "Is the dog in the house and not lost in the woods?" "will I get an infection from the tiny cut on my toe?"   She is in and out of bed til 11pm every night and honestly it's wearing on my sanity and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mom2Princess Mine died last january,8 weeks ago tomorrow. Its hard. She was only 61 years old, waaaaayyy too young to die. She was diagnosed with cancer in march last year. The irony is this; dad was diagnosed with cancer in the summer of 07, had surgery (bowel tumor), radiation, a bag, the bag came off in november and he ehaled well. February last year the cancer was back, in his liver, so he was started on chemo. He...
when they are too big to fit and/or don't want to anymore. Sometimes even if they don't want to ride I make them if they can fit. I've been known to walk through a store with a kid on my back in a mei tai, one in the child seat on the cart and one in the cart. It's just faster that way.
It has always taken me about 6 weeks to get into a groove with breastfeeding a little one.
Well, I took a test this morning and it was negative, but I came back later and saw a tiny bit of blue line. I know that evaporation lines come up a few hours later but are they supposed to have color? I guess only time will tell. I'll figure it out soon enough. Now I have mixed feelings about it, though I really should NOT have another child. I'm overweight, dh just took a pay cut, we already have 4 children. Anyway, yes I did touch it and I do know what EWCM is like....
Okay, I'm going to be the loner in this thread but I really think pointing it out kind of makes it seem less normal. I mean, let's all assume that everyone had a homebirth, would you then see it on nearly every birth announcement. I feel the same way about most everything I do- cloth diapers, extended breastfeeding, non vaccinating. The minute we point it out, we acknowledge that it's different. I like to assume that lots of people do what I do, so pointing it out...
www.bookfinder.com searches many used book sites and tells you where to find the books you need.
I know that you aren't willing to work with a CPM at home in Alabama, but for anyone else reading this, there is an awesome midwife in Decatur who travels all over. She has caught 2 of my babies, and several of my friend's babies. She's awesome. If anyone needs her info, just pm me and I'll hook you up. BTW, it's not illegal for you to have a midwife at your birth. You wouldn't be breaking the rules.