or Connect

Posts by nelson

sorry no advice, just same boat...
I took plan B 14 years ago, I think it was fairly new (my mom knew about it because she worked at family planning- great way to break the news to mom that I was a sexually active 16 year old "Mom, the condom broke") I never got pregnant, but got very nauseous and a lovely talking to from my mother.
I know this question comes up a lot, but, when do you think a good time is to have another baby? My DS is 13 months and I always thought I would want another babe close in age, but the thought of it is still so scary. DS is big work! I think sometimes having another child would just be punishing me and my husband. So why do I still want one?
already have an Oskar (husband insisted on spelling), future kiddos: Girls: Hazel Olive (probably not with Oskar though) Esther Boys: Walter?
My DS (13 1/2 months) says "mama" and "dada" - that's it.
I second the allergy cause. My LO was fine for 6 mnths (ebf) and then suddenly he started getting little patches of eczema on his face and chest. I could not figure it out, I also doubted it was an allergy because he had never reacted before, but as soon as I eliminated dairy from my diet, it cleared up. Looking back, I think that I do remember fussy times after I ate pizza and icecream, but for some reason I didn't think too much about them until the skin rash. I...
Well it's official, DS will be completely out of daycare in one week. I will actually still be working two days a week, but DH will be home with DS on those days. I am so excited, we didn't think this could happen for a long time, problem is the inlaws are not. They have made comments like "I think he is really going to miss it? and "I guess if this is what you want, we will try to be happy for you". Why on earth would anyone think a daycare is a better option than a...
My DS is always on the move and he doesn't stop to notice anything. If he is walking he will walk right down the stairs unless we grab him, at the playground he would walk right off the end of a very high height, again, not even noticing that there is a big fall underneath. I have seen other babies crawling and walking who stop at stairs and crawl down backwards. I have tried numerous times to teach him this technique and he gets very upset and then continues running...
My LO is not a good sleeper either, this does sound a bit extreme though. It seems from your description that he may be uncomfortable if he is waking up so frequently, have you tried an elimination diet? And this probably seems totally obvious, but do you have a completely dark room and a white noise maker?
I know a lot of people have already responded, but just wanted to say, I totally know what you are going thru. Everyone in my family seemed really supportive of me breastfeeding at first - (boob is the best), but that quickly gave way to questions on how long this was going to continue, especially now that LO is such a big boy (1 year). Bottom line, she is your baby, are you really going to want you MIL comments influence your choices you make for her? It seems harsh...