or Connect

Posts by Mulvah

For tax purposes our main investment account is in my name and DP is fine with that.  I handle the money which gives me the illusion of having some dependence (if that makes sense), so that helps, too.   Like you, we have a secure marriage so it is hard for me to think about scenarios in which I might be out on my own.  However, I don't like being financially dependent on someone else when I really think about it.
 You are a much bigger person than me. 
And, the winner of the mostest smartest person on the Internets is....    Anyhow, I recently purchased this because I was curious about it.  I don't think it will make any difference, but I was curious enough about the claims to try some. 
 Now that I'm done the book, I would agree with you.  I think the book is perfect for validation that it really is a tough age.  I needed to hear it.  I felt like I was doing something wrong.  In terms of practical suggestions, it's not a good book for me. I will check out the book you mentioned, too.  Oh, how I understand you. Thanks for letting me hop onto your thread. 
 Thank you so much for the suggestion.  My library had a copy and I'm already feeling much more relaxed (in my head, anyway).  Some of the scenarios feel like they were taken directly from my life with a 3.5 year old.  I'm not halfway through it yet, but the sitter suggestion isn't going to happen, so I've really just appreciated the validation a book like this provides.   
 Thanks so much.  I will look at the episode titles and go from there. 
 Is this from a specific episode?
I purchased an Arm & Hammer Secure Comfort Potty Seat that we keep in the car.  I love it for the handles, the easy cleaning, and the fact that it doesn't take up much space.
I'm going through this with a 3.5 year old, so I will closely watch the responses.  In addition to the above issues, my 3.5 YO is hitting and/or pushing his younger (much smaller) sibling.  I can almost deal with one or the other, but both are pushing me over the edge. 
 Hmm...I say this gently, since it's so hard to read situations online, but I would be very, very, very careful with this man if this isn't the only red flag in your relationship.