or Connect

Posts by Mulvah

A few ideas - The Man With the Yellow Hat (Curious George), a cat, Russell from Up (mostly because he's so adorable and it's an easy costume to make), or an artist.  Here is a link with some ideas - Mary Poppins is such a clever idea.     How cute.
 I didn't read about anything racially-charged, so I'm responding specifically to the sexuality.  As someone who lives in the U.S., I can tell you there is too little emphasis on the violence in this country. I don't presume to know what life is like in NZ since I don't live there, but from what I read, it seems to be a pretty safe place with a relatively low murder rate. Is sexual exploitation a problem that should be discussed?  Yes, but it needs to be put into context,...
I haven't seen it, but I read about it and honestly, I wish this country started protesting the constant violence instead of overt sexuality.  Just my opinion.     From what I read, the Smith kids were making that face at Gaga, not Miley, despite reports to the contrary.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess she's talking about this contest.
  I worked from home prior to becoming a SAHM and then I did both, or WAH/SAH until I just couldn't do both as well as I wanted to.  It is a possibility, I suppose, but I think the latter question is my main problem - I just don't know anymore.  I wrestle between wanting a fulfilling career (and utilizing my schooling) and not wanting to sacrifice time away from my children that the career would inevitably require. 
  I never thought about that as being controlling, but since I have a touch () of that in me, I guess it makes sense.  Thanks for sharing.     Thank you for your comprehensive list, it gives me a lot to think about.  I'm finding a lot of my issues are irritation at the small things, which makes me sad. 
I didn't know how to title this and couldn't figure out how to search for what I wanted, so hopefully I can gain some insight.   I'm starting to feel that I correct (for lack of a better word) my children just to correct them.  One example goes a little something like this:  We're eating dinner and my oldest child (3.5 YO) wants to be fed.  My partner does it, happily.  I get annoyed and then make a point to say, non-passionately, "Let's try to feed ourselves now." ...
  IMO, yes.  I think (most) kids hyper-focus on something and for some, it just happens to be TV.   We allow minimal screen time and screen time isn't a trigger for my child(ren); we could probably do away with it completely and it wouldn't be a struggle.  So, maybe it's easy for me to say.
  Yes, there are a lot of fees that you will pay again.  That's why I suggest obtaining the GFE(s) to see the numbers and then running it all through a calculator to make sure it will work for you.  We refinanced a couple different ways - we paid the fees outright, we took a higher interest rate (still much lower than we had) to avoid closing costs, etc.  I've always used a calculator to see the break even time frame because if it doesn't save you money and make sense for...
  Thank you so much for sharing those details.  These are the things I don't know about and/or don't think about.