or Connect

Posts by Mulvah

I'm going through this with a 3.5 year old, so I will closely watch the responses.  In addition to the above issues, my 3.5 YO is hitting and/or pushing his younger (much smaller) sibling.  I can almost deal with one or the other, but both are pushing me over the edge. 
 Hmm...I say this gently, since it's so hard to read situations online, but I would be very, very, very careful with this man if this isn't the only red flag in your relationship. 
A few ideas - The Man With the Yellow Hat (Curious George), a cat, Russell from Up (mostly because he's so adorable and it's an easy costume to make), or an artist.  Here is a link with some ideas - Mary Poppins is such a clever idea.     How cute.
 I didn't read about anything racially-charged, so I'm responding specifically to the sexuality.  As someone who lives in the U.S., I can tell you there is too little emphasis on the violence in this country. I don't presume to know what life is like in NZ since I don't live there, but from what I read, it seems to be a pretty safe place with a relatively low murder rate. Is sexual exploitation a problem that should be discussed?  Yes, but it needs to be put into context,...
I haven't seen it, but I read about it and honestly, I wish this country started protesting the constant violence instead of overt sexuality.  Just my opinion.     From what I read, the Smith kids were making that face at Gaga, not Miley, despite reports to the contrary.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess she's talking about this contest.
  I worked from home prior to becoming a SAHM and then I did both, or WAH/SAH until I just couldn't do both as well as I wanted to.  It is a possibility, I suppose, but I think the latter question is my main problem - I just don't know anymore.  I wrestle between wanting a fulfilling career (and utilizing my schooling) and not wanting to sacrifice time away from my children that the career would inevitably require. 
  I never thought about that as being controlling, but since I have a touch () of that in me, I guess it makes sense.  Thanks for sharing.     Thank you for your comprehensive list, it gives me a lot to think about.  I'm finding a lot of my issues are irritation at the small things, which makes me sad. 
I didn't know how to title this and couldn't figure out how to search for what I wanted, so hopefully I can gain some insight.   I'm starting to feel that I correct (for lack of a better word) my children just to correct them.  One example goes a little something like this:  We're eating dinner and my oldest child (3.5 YO) wants to be fed.  My partner does it, happily.  I get annoyed and then make a point to say, non-passionately, "Let's try to feed ourselves now." ...
  IMO, yes.  I think (most) kids hyper-focus on something and for some, it just happens to be TV.   We allow minimal screen time and screen time isn't a trigger for my child(ren); we could probably do away with it completely and it wouldn't be a struggle.  So, maybe it's easy for me to say.