or Connect

Posts by laurajean

Kindred Spirit, Before my son had surgery, I faxed a letter to the hospital and all doctors involved. I believe that I found a form letter at Nocirc, however, now I am having a hard time finding the link. The letter basically stated that my son is intact and should remain so. Under no circumstances is his penis to be circumcised or foreskin retracted. I also clearly spelled out how to insert a catheter without retracting the foreskin. I explained that the letter...
ima, We just pushed our bed up against the wall. When ds took naps, we put him closest to the wall. By 10 months old, he figured out how to safely climb out of the bed. I think putting a mattress on the floor is a fine idea. ~Laura
jingwen, IMHO.....and in my experience as a parent and preschool teacher, for many young children it is too hard to distinguish when it is okay to play rough and when it is not okay. As children get older, depending on personality and temperment, it might work out to have a designated place to rough house... I do not think it works for most 2 year olds. So, I think your dh should stop playing rough. There are ways to play actively without playing rough. Try...
Well, it sounds like Melissa had a mental break. Her family did not publicize her psychological issues before she was found. And, I did not know about them. Probably because they were worried that they would not get help. And, in fact due to her age they did not get much help. I understand the frustration, as if she chose to run away. However, I am not sure how much of a choice it was. I have a sister who is 36 and has severe and dangerous mental issues. A few...
I found a news article on her return, http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...news-headlines ~Laura
Oh sorry... She is alive. Her family is not saying anything though. All that I know is... Melissa walked into a South Hampton Police Station, yesterday. Part of me understands the whole privacy thing, but part of me wants to know. Thanks again, Laura
I don't know the details. But, when I find out I will post them. Thank you all for your help, thoughts and prayers. Its so rare that someone is missing for this long and found. It's amazing. Thanks again, Laura
Thank you all for your help and support. I do not know the details....but Melissa has been found! When I know more I will post it. Thanks again, Laura
Thank you all for helping to get the word out. There were a few news articles. But, as time passes the media is less interested. I am curious as to how they pick and choose who gets coverage. When she is found, I will definitely let everyone know. Thanks again and keep spreading the word please, Laura
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. I am bumping this up. ~Laura