or Connect

Posts by pilesoflaundry

Quote: Originally Posted by Petersmamma Someone just posted a Freecycle offer for 2 reborn babies for "someone who knows what they are" I had/have no clue about these things, and was mildly interested (not interested enough to follow up in ANY way). So, basically you pretend that the doll is your baby? Why would an adult do that? They sell for crazy money on ebay, I would have grabbed 'em for that. It's disturbing that people take them...
I'm so sorry. It's not fair :
With the OCD type tendancy the tic could be just that, a tic. But I would still get it checked out just incase. Have his eyes checked too, it could be fatique because he has vision issues. Or something could be in there. My 5 year old started with it a year ago, we saw a neuro (who was basically useless ugh) and refused to do anything but blood work and told us it's normal for kids (which is true) but it could be OCD related or behavioral (not true in her case). She also...
I would do it. But I'm one of those need to know people. Also if he has a condition that could be treated that will stop the pregression of his delays or help him catch up like a metabolic type thing then it could help a lot. I wish the doc would do the testing on my dd so I could just know for sure one way or the other if she has something serious going on or I'm neurotic . She has a lot of the spots too but it could be nothing as we have no NF in the family. I can...
Quote: Originally Posted by Empress My autistic 5 and 3 year olds play together with each all the time. When they're not trying to knock each others block off. That about sums up my kids'. They are 9 (asd) 5 (nt) and 4(sid). The 4 year old is often called Cybil around here. She will want to be all sweet and play with you and 5 minutes later she is screeching and hates you and wants to be left alone.
Yay for answers!! I have a similar attitude, if I don't make twisted jokes or laugh I will do nothing but cry. So might as well laugh!
My son was diagnosed high functioning, that is the actual label they gave us. He didn't fit PDD-NOS at the time of dx (but he probably would now that a lot of his more severe behaviors have resolved) but he was verbal but did have a speech delay. He didn't fit Asperger's or classic autism. So that's how he ended up with the label he has. From what I was told if they have a speech delay they don't have Asperger's. But I know someone has a little boy dx'd as Aspie but he...
I was going to suggest a seizure related to a virus or fever. I am glad she is ok '. I hope she feels better.
Usually eye goop+congestion means nasty sinus infection in my kids'. I hope she feels better soon I would wonder the same thing in your situation. I think it's part of being mommy, you always wonder and worry about that sort of thing. I still think they missed something with my 4 year old but she's doing ok enough to just let it lie for now.