or Connect

Posts by AllyRae

I never want the host of anything to rearrange things around our family's food allergies.  I always find out what the menu is and make something similar for our family and just bring it along with me.  When I get to the party/wedding/etc., I'll go to whoever is in charge of the kitchen and explain the situation and ask for an empty plate.  In the case of a wedding, I also bring cupcakes for my kids since they can't eat the cake.  People always seem to understand.  I just...
If he's had the mucous BMs all his life, then it wasn't the chocolate you ate last night.  But it might be dairy (his cousins--my kids-- are all allergic to dairy via FPIES or confirmed blood test, so it wouldn't surprise me. LOL!)  You eating extra chocolate would have increased the level of dairy over the normal amount you usually eat.  
Here's mine!  http://montessori.barefootinsuburbia.com . :)  Some of it is preschool-level Montessori stuff and some of it is elementary school non-Montessori stuff. :)
My child attended a Montessori school for 3 years (a year of preschool, a year of kindergarten, and 1st grade.  Before that, he attended a preschool at a co-op).  He HATED school...between autism and being bullied, he hated school.  I pulled him out and we've been homeschooling for 8 months and I do NOT regret it one bit.  Some days I feel like enrolling him in school because of the normal frustrations that come, but in general, it's been one of the best things for him....
We like to say we are using a "montessori inspired" homeschooling method.  Maria Montessori had 2 primary requirements for Montessori--that it involved mixed age classes of at least 20 or so children and that it took place in a home-like environment. Obviously, one of those is easy to do with homeschooling and the other is not.  I've seen pure Montessori (my son actually went to a Montessori school for 3 years before being homeschooled), and without being a trained...
I do, but we don't share a home.  When we had to be in an apartment for 6 months (while our house was being built), I did not allow it out of respect for the other tenants.  It was hard...I felt like I was always nagging them to be more quiet.  We spent lots of time outdoors and in parks so that they could run and scream.
HA.  Yep, Amish.  I lived in Camden, Michigan...home to an Amish settlement.  Right on.   http://amishamerica.com/michigan-amish/#hillsdale county   ETA:  This one talks about the bakery I mentioned above:  http://voices.yahoo.com/hillsdale-county-michigan-has-lot-offer-folks-4751348.html   So yeah, I know what I'm talking about too.  Have a great night!
Um, no.  I mean Amish.  Like the ones I lived by.  The ones I visited the farms of and traded berries for baked goods.  The ones my parents bought baked goods off of for years.  Guys in the black pants, straw hats, and blue shirts riding the horses & buggies.  The ones that called themselves Amish.  They also sent some of their kids to public schools, shopped at Wal-Mart, etc.  The ones that sent their kids to the pediatrician in town because their daughter was too sick...
Given the forum, I'm guessing she had an unassisted birth. :)     But as for Amish and birth certificates...FWIW, I lived near an Amish commune (is that what they're called?) in Michigan.  Not only did the Amish have birth certificates (especially the children today, and those 25 years ago when I lived there.  A few generations ago?  No.  But certainly many do now.), many sent their children to the local public school.  And...get this...they drove their horse and buggy...
ROFLMAO!!!!  I've never seen the video--is it creepy?