or Connect

Posts by AllyRae

Also, FWIW, we do alternative vaccine schedules (and 1 of my children can't be vaccinated at all), homeschool, and in general don't typically follow the mainstream.  But I'm still not afraid of the birth certificate because I'm not doing anything wrong.  I have paper trails documenting what needs to be documented and I've never ever once had a problem.  No big bad CPS people have come breaking down my door.  Nobody's threatened to take my children or throw me in jail....
And now, I'm kind of screwed.  For the rest of the day, I'll have Michael Jackson's "I always feel like somebody's watching me" in my head.  Doh.  I kind of feel like perhaps it needs to be my new ringtone.
  The difference is, I don't care.  I'm not paranoid of "the man".  In fact, even if "the man" makes mistakes, I consider myself extremely BLESSED to live in the country I do.  I have the FREEDOM because of people who gave their lives and that FREEDOM gives me the ability to question the government or to make choices or to know if something bad happens to me, I have options available to help my children and I get back on our feet...very few people around the world get...
  So let me get this straight...  You are afraid and extremely paranoid of THE MAN and what he'll do because of a birth certificate.  But you will willingly jump through the hoops needed to get a passport without record of birth so that your kids can have a document with a fricken TRACKING DEVICE embedded in it.   Ooookay then.   *cue X-Files theme song*    
FWIW, it makes me very sad to know how veterans are treated in our country.  It's one of the great injustices--those who fight so that we can live are then treated like they have few rights.  The veterans, the elderly, etc. should be honored in society for the contributions they have made.    Just an aside....     I don't follow the line (heck, I don't even declare a political party because I hate following anyone's party line).  But I do believe that our freedom wasn't...
Even Jesus wanted people to give to Caesar what is Caesar's. ;-)  I guess it's two different viewpoints completely--I don't happen to think that God wanted us to serve just ourselves.  In fact, I am pretty sure the Bible agrees with me.  But that's a religious discussion and probably not allowed.  But even as a member of society, I think it's our duty to care for the sick, the elderly, orphans, etc.  Part of a way to do that is through our tax dollars.  But I am also very...
        I personally think the elderly already made their contribution to society, and it's our job to then care for them.  I believe in caring for those who can not contribute because they are sick or otherwise can't for no fault of their own.   I don't believe in pay to play--I'm huge on social services.  But I'm also huge on personal responsibility.  And making sure your children aren't cut off from society.  I believe in rights for all, but that all have...
  Apples and oranges.  You can serve society without being in the military.  It's a lot harder to serve society without the ability to work, pay taxes, receive an education, vote, obtain healthcare, or contribute to services that would impact other members of society (medicare & social security).  And who is it that subsidizes housing for people who can't work, have no way to legally earn a living, and still need housing?  While it may be possible to work NOW without...
  Every decision you make affects others.  You do not live in a vacuum.  It is absolutely self-centered to think your actions do not have consequences.  Part of living in a society is understanding that every action you make has consequences, good or bad, to the other people in society.  We all pay for children who are under-educated because they can't get the degrees they need for a higher education (because college, while important now, will likely get even more...
  So they do not have car, home, life, and health insurance either?  No savings accounts?  No college funds (if not, well, good luck--can't get government loans without a BC or SSN, scholarships are hard to come by, and college is expensive.)   LOL, I can't live like that....I need to know my children are cared for if I can't do it.  Most people will insure things that are important to them.  A birth certificate is a form of insurance that the children will receive care...