or Connect

Posts by AllyRae

DDCC....     Just to give you some reassurance Steph...had I been at home, he'd still be alive, most likely.  He went into distress because of the hospital's stupid "you're not progressing fast enough" interventions, and then they didn't do a c-section when their pitocin caused distress.  So, stay home as long as you can.  Ry was handling labor just fine (which yes, was a very very slow labor)  until they decided that it wasn't fast enough and they needed to pit us (water...
With Dave, he doesn't know if he has a lunch until an hour or so before (they host lunches and not dinners).  He'll pack his lunch, bring it to work, and then right before he eats it, finds out that he needs to do a business lunch out of the office with someone.  He also has weekend releases that are huge deals (involve the government & military along with his company)...they would keep him at work for basically 72 straight hours.  And we find out 2 days before.  For...
There's an easy answer to this in our house...   "Thank you for your thoughts, but I am her parent.  So, lovely weather we're having today, isn't it?"   I'm not even sure why it's a matter of debate...you are the parent, and the carseats (I assume) are your property, as is the car (I assume).  Therefore, the only one that should be adjusting them is you, unless you have given permission otherwise.  It shouldn't be a source of strife...the family members who are...
"STOP LICKING THE TOILET!" has come out once or twice.  As well as 'stop licking the dog' and 'your sister is not a chew toy'.  Yes, my kids have some mouth issues. LOL!
For my younger two, we are purely montessori based.  For my 2nd grader, we are eclectic--montessori inspired, with a mix of secular and religious curriculum (no one "brand" for all subjects)...but it is all very hands on.  However, we also have very specific school times/routines, so it's very much "this is school time right now, and that is our focus" (have to do it that way because that's the only way my son thrives...he's very much into routines).  We use Rightstart,...
I think this is part of where we are.  We had a special needs child.  Then we adopted, in part because our risk of birthing another special needs child was so great...and she turned out to have even more significant special needs.  Then, baby #4 comes (we also have a deceased child), and she has special needs too, albiet medical ones and not emotional/behavior/developmental ones.  It feels like if we had another one like I wanted, we'd be taking the really high risk of...
Yep.   We have 3 children--1 with autism & SPD, a child who is adopted with an original diagnosis of RAD/Selective Mutism (but may have the diagnosis changed to autism, or having autism added to her diagnosis...depending on the results of her testing that she's going through), and a third child with selective IgA deficiency, FPIES, and mild SPD.  I really wanted a 4th child and we were in the adoption process of one, but then child #2 regressed a lot and child #1 had...
If you are breeding dogs and then nursing them from your own breasts, I really hope someone calls animal control. :(  That's bordering on animal abuse, plain and simple.  That's a good way to confuse the heck out of your dog, and kill the puppies (due to not receiving proper nutrition) .   Just as humans babies are made to nurse human mothers, puppies are made to nurse dogs.  Human milk for human babies, and let mama dog do her job.  If she's popping out litters too big...
This might be the strangest post I have ever read.  You latch the dogs on to YOUR OWN NIPPLES?  (Holy fricken puppy teeth.)  Instead of using a bottle or something?  So, that would be the equivalent of a formula fed child latching on to a cow udder to get it straight from the tap (which you wouldn't do...you wouldn't even feed raw cow's milk to a newborn human even if you couldn't breastfeed.  Why?  Because it would starve your child to death.)?     I'm sorry...
That's what happened with my son too.  He went to Montessori for 3 years.  Nobody ever called or returned calls during breaks.  We've since left the school and the only person who's even gotten their kid together with my son is another kid who also left the school this year.  All of the "best friends" he had no longer wanted to get together.  Sending your kids to school doesn't necessarily mean they'll find their BFF.  His best friends are now kids he met in karate class,...