or Connect

Posts by Ashley

My husband is being considered for a job that would have us living in Madisonville... I am also worried that our lifestyle will be hard to fit in around there. I don't know anything about it, but I am trying to find out info as much as I can. We homeschool so this is a concern of mine I need to look into. I am not sure what KY's rules are on homeschooling. Anyway, following this thread if anyone posts anything else.
I cannot believe I have never thought to use one of those clips!!!! I have a neck pad to help it not cut into my neck but I never once thought of the safety. Here I provide my children with the best car seats and proper instillation... yet I haven't even thought of my own. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
Very good point ruth! I guess I am being too negative about her. Seems the SNS is really a great thing. I haven't talked to her yet, I must call her right now! Thanks girls!
Thank you for the links I will pass them onto her! I really think if anything she'd do the SNS. Because I don't think she likes pumping. (who does? LOL) I just think it's weird how he was such a great latcher/sucker in the hospital and then once they were home he didn't? That boy knew how to nurse and he did it well!! I really pray that she'll see some sense of why it's important to do this. She's got a Medela PIS. (I think) I've told her to drink lots of water, eat...
I causually mentioned the SNS system to her, I'll have to tell her about it again. Part of me does think she wants this to happen. My mom told me tonight that her DR said that her nipples are too big and he can't suck on them and so her nusring him will do no good because he can't suck hard enough to get the milk. GRRRRRR I hate when DR's say this stuff, I tell her it's okay but of course I don't have my medical degree so she doesn't want to listen to me.
You are so right I don't want to take away that from her. My #1 goal is to get her to nurse her own son. I want him to have that bonding experience with his mom as well as her making the milk form him would be easier on us all. I sent her links from kelly mom and something I found on a boot camp for bringing your milk in. I just don't think she has it in her. Right now I think she nurses him in the morning and that is it. She also has to feed him a bottle as he doesn't...
Thank you! M-M, I am so sorry I will be sending you tons of thoughts and prayers. *hugs* What a great group of friends you have. I am so thrilled to hear he can't catch my cold through my milk. That makes me feel better. Catching a cold through contact doesn't put the blame on my milk. My nursing daughter is perfectly fine, no cold. YAY! Normally I make a TON of milk so pumping isn't hard on us. Just ever since I got this darn cold I seem to be dehydrated no matter...
Thank you for the wonderful ideas and just having someone back up my thoughts to help me know I am not crazy REALLY helps. She did stop smoking, the day she went in to have him... But I guess that's better then to continue to smoke. She really does care about his well being, but I am not sure for how long. She's really a piece of work and I can't even begin to go into her mind set. It's kinda like getting a new puppy then getting tired of it when it gets older. I...
I knew I could come here with such a topic starter and get total support. I am not a completely crunchy momma, however I am way crunchier then anyone I know and they are seeing me as being strange. I just see myself as making decisions that aren't the mainstream view that I think are best for my family. ANYWAY... I already started rambling. Here is some background to the situation. I have a beautiful 4.5 month old baby girl who is VERY healthy to say the least. I...
Both my kids fell into this pattern as well. My daughter is 4.5 months and does this currently. I have such issues with her blowing out. LOL Ruined lots of onsies that is for sure. hehe