or Connect

Posts by preslee1031

Thank you all so much!!  I spoke with the Pharmacist at CVS today and she told me to look at GNC also.....I will be going there tomorrow....Thanks again!!
I think the problem last night especially was Thanksgiving break was over for him too....I try to keep him on a schedule but he is a night owl also so he wants to stay up all night.....Last night he was still up at 1:00 am.  Not to mention he has started sleepwalking (once he finally falls asleep).  Sleeping is really a problem with him even when he should be tired.... he has boundless energy so trying to get him to "wind down" is so tough.  I will be trying Melatonin...
I used to do the same thing.....Earplugs are an option too...  I've tried everything with him and he just "can't sleep".  I've used white noise machines, t.v. on, t.v. off, night light, no night light, his sister sleeping in his room, his sister not sleeping in his room.....NOTHING helps!  He says he can't stop thinking... :-(
Really?  I think I will call his Doctor and ask him if it's okay.....because it works great for me and I assume it would work well for him too...Thanks! 
Does anyone know of a good sleep aid for kids?  If there is anything that is all natural that would be great!  I use Melatonin myself but it's not recommended for kids under 10 so I'm a little hesitant to give it to him... He is up the majority of the night and then won't get up for school in the morning...it's getting out of control....If anyone knows of anything please let me know.. Thanks!!  
Thank you all for your replies!  Yes, the Terra Nova is the test that the school uses for entrance in to the gifted program.  Of course since they've done away with it in the Elementary he can't take part in the classes.     His gifted traits go way beyond some test scores...he meets the criteria to a T.  He was in therapy last year because he would have a breakdown if someone would say a cuss word or if somebody did something that he thought was "inappropriate" like...
My 9 year old was identified as gifted when he took the Terra Nova test last school year. He scored in the 99th percentile. I have known since he was in pre-school that he was gifted so it was nice to finally have it on paper. I had a conference with his teacher the other day and she expressed some concern over his grades and his behavior. He has all A's and B's and made the Honor Roll.  Well, according to her he isn't working up to his ability and she would like to...
Obsessions are something we know a TON about. My 8 year old Son has gone from one obsession to the next and they last for about six months and he will move on to something else... We've had...Baseball, Freshwater Fish, Birds, Policemen and SWAT Team. He will go through extreme obsessions with these things and then move on to something else for a while then go back....Since it's Spring now the bird and fish obsessions are coming back. The Baseball obsession never left...
Thank you all very much for your responses. I am looking forward to getting the books you've suggested and learning more about why he acts the way he does sometimes. We have an appointment with his pediatrician at the end of the month and I'm planning on discussing this with him...Thanks again!
I have posted here in the past about my 8 year old Son who we are pretty sure is gifted. Lately he seems more sensitive than ever. He has had a few crying spells where he just sits on the couch and cries for no apparant reason. I ask him what's wrong and he always responds with "I'm bored". He is "bored" for the majority of the day. Now that he's playing baseball again the crying spells have stopped but now we've moved on to other "phases". He absolutely hates...