or Connect

Posts by DaisyMay

If it were me, I probably wouldn't go as far as cutting my ties with her entirely (for the reasons you give) but may wish to disconnect from facebook contact with her (you can hide her posts without having to unfriend her entirely).  This way you can avoid the issue that is causing offence - you have given her your balanced, fair argument against her position and she has refused to accept it - but maintain your friendship.  I certainly wouldn't refrain from giving the same...
Could you (or do you already) lift/walk her to the potty just before you go to bed?  My daughter trained at about 2.5 and as soon as she was day trained wouldn't pee in a diaper at night (even though she had one on).  She would rarely wet the bed, but would wake several times to use the potty (and I would have to wake to help her!).  I started to lift her onto the potty for a pee before I went to bed (about 3 hrs after she had gone to sleep) and this got her into the habit...
I think nappies, at this age, are a good sign that baby is getting enough milk out, so from what it sounds like he's getting plenty out.  The desire to feed constantly could be for comfort as much as for sustenance.  You say he freaks out when you take him off the breast...how about if you persist a bit longer with soothing him some other way (rocking, walking, singing, taking him outside).  I know it's tough when you know exactly what will soothe him in an instant, but...
Does she ever ask any questions that would lead you into it?  "Have you met anyone...are you dating anyone?", that kind of thing?  If so, you could wait for one of those and just prepare yourself in advance to answer with a line that you are happy with, so you don't freeze up.  "Actually, I'm attracted to women, not men mom, and I've been hoping to have the chance to tell you for a while".  Alternatively, if it really is never going to come up naturally, just steel...
We had scottish cello music for the grand entrance, then during and after the ceremony:   "Let's Spend the Night Together" - Rolling Stones "You've Got a Friend" - Carole King "Patience" - Guns 'n' Roses "Easy" - Lionel Ritchie   First dance was "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?" - Van Morrison and last dance of the evening was "Romeo and Juliet" - Dire Straits
I wouldn't take the pill to try to conceive if I were you.  Just give your body a bit of time.  If this was your first month actively trying, not getting pregnant immediately is no surprise nor is it anything to worry about it.  As I understand it, two partners with full-fertility will on average take 4 to 5 months to conceive.  That's not to say it will take that long, just not to be surprised or worried if it does.  I know it seems weird after having spent years trying...
How often do they need these super long conversations with you?  Daily? Weekly?   Would there be a regular frequency that you would be OK with, to submit to their need to talk to you?     If so, maybe you could try sending an email or card along the lines of: "I've been having a really hard time recently keeping on top of all of the things I have to do and I have decided that I need to keep any social phone calls to weekends in order to be able to really enjoy...
Do keep trying - at meetups or just chatting in the playground - sometimes it takes a really long time to find the person/people you feel comfortable with and hit it off with but they are out there.   The scenario you described sounds very familiar - I've joined loads of meetups over the years and some work out, some don't.  I too am always amazed at an organized meetup where people really don't make the effort to include new members and make them feel welcome....
My husband is terrible at intuiting or even seeing what needs to be done in the house.  I swear, he just doesn't register piled dishes, laundry, toy mess etc.  I have a little more success getting him to help out if I am explicit in asking him to do a specific job.  Ideally, I would like it just to occur to him to do what needs to be done, pitch in, but I have come to realise that this is never going to happen.  I feel stressed at having to give out specific jobs, but...
My son is 4.5 and has a new boy starting in his pre-school class who has cerebral palsy.  The new boy's mom is nervous that her son will struggle not knowing anyone and with others not being kind to him because of his condition, so we have arranged for a playdate before he starts so there will be a familiar face at pre-school etc.  I know from speaking to her previously that she can be sensitive to people using insensitive language to talk about her son's condition and...