or Connect

Posts by LilacMama

Thanks for your input whatsnextmom. Do you think that yours son's Mandarin learning hasn't really been worth it? Not that  it's useless but maybe he should have put the effort toward something more attainable? It's just so hard to quantify the value of these sorts of things.
I have a 2.5 year old daughter who is bright and very verbal in English. I only speak English (some "tourist Spanish") and I hate that (and very much want to remedy it). I know her brain is a sponge for language right now and so I've gotten the kooky idea of making sure she learns a second language now while it is easier for her to do so.    So, why not go "all the way" with a difficult language? There is actually a Mandarin Chinese Pre-School here in town that would...
I struggle with depression and I act like your friend does when I'm depressed. Just a thought. It's great that she has a baby-sitter like you!
I've been running about 6 weeks. I can do 3 miles pretty well.
I am 5-7 and 120lbs. Yeah, too skinny. I eat fairly healthfully (whole foods, omnivore) and often. I'm just naturally skinny and just stopped breastfeeding my toddler (who really sucked a lot out of me, literally!). I am NOT strong at all! I used to be a runner and I'm only just now getting back into it. I can't do more than 1 or 2 push ups and NO pull-ups. I just got a gym membership a month ago and I've been building up fitness fairly quickly but I'm trying to optimize...
I would assume they would have tested the monitor to ensure that it was working well. In my apartment complex, we have very good fire alarms (they work a little too well, if you know what I mean), and not so good insulation (you can hear people walking around the apartments next to yours). The neighbors really CAN tell what's going on -- add a baby monitor and they might as well be in the next room. I would have literally no problem with that scenario at all. All of the...
I weaned at 16 months because I thought I was going to lose my mind and it was either that or going to a mental institution somewhere. I still feel a little guilty about it, but my DD is just fine and I'm a lot more "okay." I really admire the moms who breastfeed for years and I planned on being one, but when it came down to it, I'm just not.
I'm fantasizing about a BCP that clears up my acne, evens out my moodiness and PMS symptoms, lets me skip my periods, and is just all-around awesome Anyone have a BCP pill that you just love?
Okay, mamas, I'm back with another potty-training question. If you didn't read my other thread, the short version is that my 16 M.O. DD started peeing/pooping in her little potty yesterday morning. Since then, she's peed every single time I've put her on it and pooped in it twice. I've been trying hard to teach her the sign for "potty" so she can tell me if she has to go, but she hasn't caught on yet and so far things have only "worked" because I've been taking her in...
Well, now she's peed in the potty like 6 times with almost no effort on my part. At the times I would normally change her diaper, I just sat her on the potty before I put the new one on. She peed within seconds each time. Off to order the padded undies....