or Connect

Posts by lisalu100

I also have a hard time with this, and I have ADD too. I love love love planning projects and being creative, thinking up new ideas, but the action - well - not so much. My therapist asked me to read a book and find my Enneagram type. I am a seven, The Enthusiast. I think I feel satisfied just by having a thought of something to do, rather than actually doing it.   I love the book: Getting Things Done, The Art of Productivity. It taught me an essential fact: You have...
This is concise, I'm supposed to be cleaning and working lol...     Filing cabinet, 2-4 drawers, letter sized, deep. Hanging files, use a separate one for each vendor, and each customer, each account. Buy a p-touch labeler for easy, good looking labeling. Label each hanging file. Manila files are ok, but they quickly fill up, and are harder to keep organized. Research Dropbox if you are going to be traveling, you can access your files from anywhere I...
I think I would go with number 1. It sounds like you need a housekeeper more than a nanny, and number 1 is better at cooking and cleaning. She also sounds like she fits in as a family member much better, while still giving you plenty of space when she's not working, and that's important IMHO for a live-in. Good luck.
I've been doing the same thing with DD since about 14 months. Our yard is small, we don't have a dog, and I stay in the kitchen, where I can hear her through the screen door, and check on her every couple of minutes through the kitchen window. Ah, the peace... 
http://www.blogs.com/topten/10-popular-montessori-living-blogs/     I really like Chasing Cheerios. I have a file foder, and I print ideas as I see them, and put then in a sleeve in the folder. When I am lacking inspiration, I go to the file folder during naptime, since the projects sometimes need 5-10 mins prep.
I think the OP is referring to another poster implying that the fact she had a cleaner meant she could spend more time teaching and providing opportunities for her children, and this directly led to them being on the swim team, and playing their instruments well.
DD is 20 months, we did 3 day potty training (google and find the babycenter link). We spent a week at home, first naked, then in loose pants and shirt, nothing else. DD has been dry for 3 days, she wears a sposie pullup at night, and for naptime at first, but after a few days she was dry through nap, since I made sure she peed right before hand. I know it's only been three days without accidents, but I think our success is due to not confusing her with any underwear, be...
You should check out some of the Montessori blogs too. There are so many toddler activities you can do together, and it might help you to think you are "homeschooling" your toddler, rather than just playing. This week I am going to make a laminated photo book (I bought a laminator for $18 at Costco), DD will start beading rings on a string, and we will probably cook in her learning tower. She just helped with the laundry too. It takes longer to do chores with her...
800 is VERY expensive for a half day preschool. Can you send him to a cheaper one? It won't be Montessori, but he will still socialize in a group setting, and have something just for him. The Mother's Day out here can be three mornings a week, for $45 a week...
  Yes you can do it. It sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I vote for using the extra money to pay for preschool/babysitting.