or Connect

Posts by julesdsm

For those of you living above other tenants, how do you do it? How much do you limit your kids activities in the apartment? What would you consider acceptable play behaviour from toddlers in an apartment?  Have you had problems with neighbors complaining?   We have a two year old, a nine month old and my 6 year old stepson lives with us half the week. We are currently apartment hunting, and having a very hard time finding a first floor apartment with no tenants...
Actually, this is what we did with last pediatrician. Signed a waiver and everything, but when we refused the MMR vaccine they dropped us from the practice told us that they would no longer see ds there unless we complied to the standard vaccine schedule. Since then we've been calling around and just about every office I've spoken to said they will not see non vaxxing patients. We saw one who didn't even mention vaccines, but he was just a terrible doctor.   Also Kltroy...
Hi ,   Does anyone have any recommendations for a pediatrician in chicago that takes medicaid and is open minded about a selective/ delayed vax plan?    We've tried with Dr. Mariela Cano but they are not taking new patients.   Thanks in advance!
I did have a bad experience with WSMA with the birth of my first son  that I can explain to you if you'd like to pm me. I too had only heard good things about them so I was kind of surprised. Based on my experience with them I would not recommend them, though the ABC rooms are really lovely.   I birthed my second son in the ABC rooms this past November with the midwives from Midwifery and Womens Health http://www.oakparkmidwife.com and it was a great experience. They...
Yeah, it is the combination of the change in growth pattern as well ast he paleness and dark circles that worries me. Also that he started falling off his curve after really starting solids, he started eating really late and was so chunky and rosy when he was exclusively breastfed. He does still nurse.   The doctor ordered a couple a couple blood tests, cbc and food allergy profile, but i've taken the poor thing in twice now and they can't seem to find a vein :(
Would you worry if your ds's height dropped from above 90percentile in height to 33rd percentile from 15 months to 27 months? Ds used to be taller and stockier than almost every child his age, but now it seems most kids i meet his age are a little bigger. Is it normal for a child to drop off their curve so much in a year?  His weight seems okay, at 29 pounds. His height is 34.4 inches. He has a ton of energy but looks pale to me and has dark circles under his eyes. We...
Ds has been carrying around an uncharged ipod for the last three weeks. It goes everywhere we go and to bed.   Before that it was forks which he named "hoppies" . He had to have one at all times and slept with one. Everyone thought we were nuts to let him have it but he never came close to even having a scratch from it.
Thanks,   The reason why I ask is because in the past the pediatrician always measured ds lying down and he was over 90th percentile.   Today I measured him standing up and with measurement he would have dropped to about 40th percentile, which made me kinda worried, but when I measured him lying down i measured  about an inch longer which put him just above the 70th percentile which seems to make more sense., but I'm not quite sure which one to go with as far as...
Hi ,   We got kicked out of our previous pediatricians office for not following their vaccination schedule. I am having a hard time finding a vax friendly doctor in our area that accepts medicaid so we haven't seen a doctor in a while or well visits. I'm just wondering. At 2 years, do doctors usually measure height standing up or laying down? And if he was previously always measured laying down should I, measure him laying down now to determine if he is still on  his...
At 19 months my son said very little, and i wrote a similar thread to yours.Now at 26 months he knows probably a couple hundred and starting to string together sentences, knows all his letters, numbers, shapes and colors.  But i would say most of the speech he used now has developed in the last couple months, and probably nearly 20% in the  last couple weeks. Based on my own experience, I personally wouldn't worry much about it yet,if he seems to be developing fine in...