or Connect

Posts by lemonapple

kfillmore...LOL, you're Katharine! I'm Lyndsey...Kaius' mom. I know he'd love to play with E more...he was talking about her for a WHILE after we met!   How about Thursday morning at Lanikai park? We'll be biking...and aim to get there around 9:30. 
How old is babe? My lo was born in freezing temps, and right from the get-go, he went in a fleecy, sleep-play zip up suite in the Slingling with a wool hat, and a wool blanket stuffed into all the rest of the sling. He was always crazy warm when we would finally unbundle... When lo was more like a year, we were using the Ergo, and I would do something similar, fleece pants, a fleece or wool sweater/jumper, wool hat, and wool socks pulled over the pant bottoms so that...
whoa! Mothering Moms in Kailua?! Finally!! ;-) I live a block down from the community center on Kailua road...like a block or two from the entrance to Kailua Beach park. I have a 22 month old son who is like a firecracker...and I'd LOVE to meet other like-minded Mamas! Anyone still interested in meeting up?
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo Who on EARTH actually believes they have the ability, let alone the right, to prescribe the "best" approach for SOMEONE ELSE'S child? *sigh* Our government...
I think I might need new shoes. SIGH. My shoes are about 3 years old, but literally have only been used for running...and the milage has probably totaled somewhere around 40-50 that whole time. But, every time I start up running again, I start getting pain in my ankle, arch area, or upper area of the foot. When I used to run as a kid/high schooler, I ran into some issues with pronation and had to get inserts made for my foot. I believe the issue was over...
Poor bunk bed kiddies!!! I hope everyone gets to feeling better quickly...it sounds like they're all being troopers. RR: Ran c25K week 2 d1 today. Felt great...I've been running at 7am, which is the only time I can manage to sneak away from ds long enough to run, but I'm yearning for an evening run. It's so hot and humid by 7am, but I guess I should be thankful my running time isn't at noon or some hotter part of the day! I'm feeling very pumped up about...
Wow, this thread moves quickly! I'll have to check in more often! RR: Finished c25k week 1 today. The whole week seemed really easy, but dp and I played tennis tonight, and my legs are now feeling weird...very achy. Tomorrow is a rest day, so I'll take it easy and just do my normal daily biking/swimming...that's Hawaii for you! Oh right, and a million loads of laundry...sigh. I've been thinking of picking up my swimming a bit. Maybe actually going to the pool for...
I'll join! Just getting back into running after YEARS! I started the c25k...pretty easy so far, but I'm still on w1...light jogging on my rest days as I'm just luxuriating in the alone time it affords me!!! We're carless, so I bike or walk everywhere, so hopefully that will help me in the coming weeks. There is a 5k in Oct. I'd like to run.
I'll join! I used to run competitively beginning when I was 10 with an AAU track team. Made it to Junior Olympics in the mile somehow and continued through high school. I even had some scholarship offers, but turned it all down because I had had enough running to last me a while. Now, I'm 22, have a 19 month old, and I'm looking to get back in the game! The C25k program looks neat...I'll try it! There's a 5K in October that I'd like to run...but maybe that's too...
Quote: Originally Posted by Luvmy2Joshs ThinkGlobal, that's a great idea to meet up. When I lived in NY, my midwifes practice had a monthly "birth wisdom" circle. Once a month there is a get together at the office and sometimes there is a specific topic like optimal fetal positioning, breastfeeding, babywearing, but lots of times women were free to share their birth stories. It was the highlight of my month and I'd love to get something similar going...