or Connect

Posts by lemonapple

We're pretty lucky...hopefully it'll hold out for a few more years ;-)
Quote: Originally Posted by seagull A uterine rupture
Interesting to see there were quite a few posters with the same reason as me! DP is quite against having another any time soon, and sometimes...well, most of the time I feel like what he's really trying to say is no more ever. *sigh* That's pretty much a deal breaker for me, so I'm just waiting him out and giving him space for another year or two before I put my foot down. It doesn't help that ds is completely insane right now!...lol...whoever said that the older...
I can't comment as to the gel, but my labor was supplemented with pitocin after my water had been broken for nearing 12 hours. I only allowed a very low dosage of pitocin, but once it was in my system, I literally thought I was going to die...I went from 3cm to 6cm in like an hour and spent that whole hour on my hands and knees shaking because there seemed to be no end to my contractions. The midwife thought I might be in transition, but once I found out it was only 6cm, I...
Unfortunately, the only homebirth I was to attend as a doula did not go as planned. Despite having conducted many prenatal appointments both with and without the attending midwife, my client decided she did not want a doula after her first night in labor....she had a very long prodromal labor and did end up in the hospital with an epidural by the end of it. My client also requested that the midwife leave her alone and I guess would never have called her either??? if the...
Thx Erthe_mama for the link! It's a GREAT resource. We just found out that there's a poly group on Oahu. We're considering attending a meeting as it seems fairly low key and even advertises itself as kid-friendly...
Yes, another spotting thread! I'm not actively trying to get pregnant, and due to nursing (I'm guessing) my periods have been a bit wacky every since I got them back. My last few periods seemed of normal length, but last cycle, my period was almost a month overdue. When it came, everything was as normal...maybe slightly heavier, but lasted the same length...about 7 days. Now, about two weeks into my next cycle (so a full week or so of no bleeding or spotting), I started...
Is it ridiculous that I had no idea that other families out there were desirous of adding more people into their relationship?! lol, DP and I have been contemplating (and talking of) adding another female...preferably one with children into our family for ages! Clearly we are both totally out of the "poly" loop! Any resources for a newbie or just advice/real life examples you're willing to share? I'd love to hear more about how adding a person might affect your primary...
Quote: Originally Posted by jump mama jump! http://www.infoshop.org/page/AnarchistFAQSectionJ6 Have you all seen this? What do you think about it? I read it a while ago, but there was some stuff in there I wasn't too cool with - like about the crying. I haven't read this yet, but I just wanted a thanks for the link! Looks interesting. I'm reading a collection of Emma Goldman's speeches to my lo right now. He seems to fall right to sleep when...
Count us in! We're going to be stable for 6 months...finally committed to a lease! We've been on the move since my son was born 18 months ago. We own one suitcase that's too large to check on a plane, a carseat and carseat bag, one suitcase that can be checked, one bookbag, and two laptop bags. We move so often that this is really all we can manage along with our 18 month old! My husband plays poker online...it's a very stable income for us, but doesn't require...